Candice Swanepoel

screen-shot-2015-09-12-at-10-11-06-am-png.8560

I think she tripped on one of the shoelaces :facepalm:

I am sorry for her, it happens :(
But on the other hand, she is starting to look more plain as she is gaining weight.
This is a shot from backstage before the Givenchy show :nopity:

1lbJOdJ.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
The other model was Pooja Mor.

Candice .. :rolleyes: What an idiot. But she has a big name so she will get away with it like Stam did back in that Chloé show in Paris. Same probably can't be said for poor Pooja :lol:
She still walked Lacoste and Jill Stuart so I guess she's okay?

The other model was Pooja Mor.

Candice .. :rolleyes: What an idiot. But she has a big name so she will get away with it like Stam did back in that Chloé show in Paris. Same probably can't be said for poor Pooja :lol:
Pooja looked absolutely terrified when bystanders tried to help her up. I saw the pics and you could tell she was thinking the same thing...

Candice trips and broadcasts her trip on instagram, you know, just in case you didn't see the fall. PLUS her first reaction was obviously to let everyone know she was "okay". :meh:

Reactions: 1 users
maybe the fall was a distraction technique so people would be less likely to notice how chubby (and let's be honest, ugly) she has gotten

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-09-13 at 11.50.24 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-09-13 at 11.50.24 PM.png
    189.2 KB · Views: 168
Reactions: 3 users
maybe the fall was a distraction technique so people would be less likely to notice how chubby (and let's be honest, ugly) she has gotten

Straight up evil laughing at this. I knew those bleached brows in close up weren't good but the further away you get the worse she looks. (And those fucking eye wrinkles are exhibit A on why you don't go overboard with botox all over your forehead when you start getting it.) I would say a reverse Monet but she doesn't look good from any distance.

It reminds me of that recent photo of Renee Zellweger looking completely alien and unlike how she used to look, and for Candice (26) to look like Renee (46) something has gone wrong

It reminds me of that recent photo of Renee Zellweger looking completely alien and unlike how she used to look, and for Candice (26) to look like Renee (46) something has gone wrong

She definitely does not look 26 in those pictures. Strange, because she is surrounded by women who work on keeping themselves in shape and looking good well into their thirties. And is botox even a thing for models? She definitely looks like she had some injections in the picture above, but maybe it is unfortunate lighting/angle? I just don't see how any agency would OK that.

Reactions: 1 users
She definitely does not look 26 in those pictures. Strange, because she is surrounded by women who work on keeping themselves in shape and looking good well into their thirties. And is botox even a thing for models? She definitely looks like she had some injections in the picture above, but maybe it is unfortunate lighting/angle? I just don't see how any agency would OK that.

Maybe one of the VIPs can weigh in here, but I don't see how it wouldn't be a thing - it doesn't immobilizer your face unless you go overboard and it's suggested use is as you see any fine expressions forming so you get it right away and it doesn't look so obvious. Also it can lift your eyebrows a bit so you don't look as tired. That said, the huge crease on her left side that looks like a vein and the deep wrinkles on both sides are dead giveaways. She's old for a model but still, what, 26? If you get wrinkles that deep and that long when you smile in your mind twenties it's usually because your face can't move in some fashion.

When you're a high-profile model like she is, you get a lot more freedom. The less recognized you are, the more control your agency will have. I had a friend (at fucking 21) who had botox in between her eyebrows (which is a fairly common procedure in your goddamn forties) and her agency dropped her. One, you're not supposed to make a huge change to your appearance without permission. It's in your contract. Things as little as eyebrows can be in it. Two, she was fucking 21. That's sad. There's definitely huge pressure for appearance obviously, but NOT for a 21 year old to be worried about wrinkles and then to actually do something about it. And three, it fucked up her face. I don't know if it was just a shoddy product, but her forehead was frozen.

What they should really be concerned with is long-term effects, because studies have not been done with this relatively new cosmetic procedure. Who knows, in ten or twenty years she could potentially look like Donatella. Unlikely, but no one knows long term effects.

Man she is looking sad lately. Also, is there a correct way to recover from a fall? I haven't personally known anyone who has fallen on the runway, so I doubt they would be able to give an answer.

When you're a high-profile model like she is, you get a lot more freedom. The less recognized you are, the more control your agency will have. I had a friend (at fucking 21) who had botox in between her eyebrows (which is a fairly common procedure in your goddamn forties) and her agency dropped her. One, you're not supposed to make a huge change to your appearance without permission. It's in your contract. Things as little as eyebrows can be in it. Two, she was fucking 21. That's sad. There's definitely huge pressure for appearance obviously, but NOT for a 21 year old to be worried about wrinkles and then to actually do something about it. And three, it fucked up her face. I don't know if it was just a shoddy product, but her forehead was frozen.

What they should really be concerned with is long-term effects, because studies have not been done with this relatively new cosmetic procedure. Who knows, in ten or twenty years she could potentially look like Donatella. Unlikely, but no one knows long term effects.

Man she is looking sad lately. Also, is there a correct way to recover from a fall? I haven't personally known anyone who has fallen on the runway, so I doubt they would be able to give an answer.

21??! jesus. this is really sad to me. it's one thing change your body just by control but to shell out $ for a procedure like that when you're basically in your prime is disturbing. and no shit they dropped her, you can't make a decision like that without telling the agency. it's like coming in with your hair chopped off--totally unacceptable

as for candace, in some of these pictures I had to do a double-take she really looks different, in just the span of a few years. i can't imagine the embarrassment of falling but this will blow over for her.

When you're a high-profile model like she is, you get a lot more freedom. The less recognized you are, the more control your agency will have.

Yip, that's why I was saying that Candice can screw up, and play the victim, and make it all about her, and get away with it. An unknown or lesser known could never!

One, you're not supposed to make a huge any change to your appearance without permission. It's in your contract.

FTFY ;)

Things as little as eyebrows can be in it. Two, she was fucking 21. That's sad. There's definitely huge pressure for appearance obviously, but NOT for a 21 year old to be worried about wrinkles and then to actually do something about it. And three, it fucked up her face. I don't know if it was just a shoddy product, but her forehead was frozen.

That is so crazy! I would never suggest a model that age consider botox. I've never heard of any agency doing that either.

Also, is there a correct way to recover from a fall? I haven't personally known anyone who has fallen on the runway, so I doubt they would be able to give an answer.

There's an old thread I made about it. I even made a poll :twisted: :lol:

Reactions: 5 users
Maybe one of the VIPs can weigh in here, but I don't see how it wouldn't be a thing - it doesn't immobilizer your face unless you go overboard and it's suggested use is as you see any fine expressions forming so you get it right away and it doesn't look so obvious. Also it can lift your eyebrows a bit so you don't look as tired. That said, the huge crease on her left side that looks like a vein and the deep wrinkles on both sides are dead giveaways. She's old for a model but still, what, 26? If you get wrinkles that deep and that long when you smile in your mind twenties it's usually because your face can't move in some fashion.

Botox is way more an actress thing than a model thing. It's just not a conversation I ever had with models or have heard about. Let's be honest, in 99% of cases by the time a model gets to where she has to even remotely think about botox, she stopped booking work a long time ago.

I think the thing that is most annoying about her fall is the fact that she was on the ground long enough for multiple people to reach her and help her up; she should have been standing and walking again well before then. And to post a picture of the aftermath is, in my opinion, the height of unprofessionalism- it's basically saying, "I can't do my fucking job."

To be fair I'm sure there were lots of comments about her fall because she is fairly well known, so I can understand why she'd want to post about it to head off any comments. I dunno though I'm partial to Candice. I have a similar body to her although I think I'm a bit thinner than her right now (thankfully). I think her super tiny waist makes her look bigger if she gains weight because her hips and legs look THAT much larger. Her face is kinda weird sometimes but I generally still love her.

A true angel. She inspired poetry in me.

"So fucking ugly
How is she still booking work
With jellyfish calves"