Anne Hathaway

FFN_g_50951575.jpg

FFN_g_50922744.jpg

The full story from Acces Hollywood:

Anne Hathaway admitted she was on a strict regimen to get in shape to play Selina Kyle – aka Catwoman — in “The Dark Knight Rises,” but she’s pledged to keep mum on how she got un-fit – and super skinny – to play doomed prostitute Fantine in “Les Miserables.”

“I don’t answer that question. Not to like get super serious about it, but just there’s so many people out there that will try something unhealthy to lose weight,” Anne explained, when Access Hollywood’s Michelle Beadle brought up how much she hates the “weight” question with regards to this film.

“I don’t want to contribute to that. So actually I don’t answer the question,” the actress added.

But Anne was absolutely open about her first post-film meal.

“I had spelt pasta with garlic oil and like a lot of beautiful fresh tomatoes and then I had a twice baked potatoes, with basil sun dried tomatoes [and] oil. It was so good,” she raved.

Anne also revealed that Russell Crowe, who plays Javert in the film, the long arm of the law, was actually a total sweetie to the actress and her post-film first meal.

“Russell Crowe — don’t let this tough guy exterior fool you — he’s a big marshmallow-hearted man,” she said. “He scoured London and found me a vegan chocolate cake and brought me this huge vegan chocolate cake when I was done because he asked me, ‘Are you going to have anything sweet?’ I’m like, ‘No, no, I don’t. We were shooting way out in the middle of nowhere. I’m like, ‘I can’t be bothered to go to London to get that!’ And he brought it for me… to make sure that I was going to be able to celebrate with something sweet.”

Interesting answer from Anne, considering that she has been talking about her weight loss in the past months, including saying that the idea was ‘to look near death’ .

Hmmm.... Not sure she ever "looked near death"
She's definitely gained though, her legs look a bit bigger.

Hmmm.... Not sure she ever "looked near death"
She's definitely gained though, her legs look a bit bigger.

Interesting.....well I suppose you'd have to see the film to know how skinny she got, I'll believe that for a few weeks of filming and on whatever strict regimen she was on she may have gotten quite thin ('near death' I don't buy though), but on the press tour obviously she is not superskinny, she was/is clear about not being interested in maintaining that sort of weight.

Interesting.....well I suppose you'd have to see the film to know how skinny she got, I'll believe that for a few weeks of filming and on whatever strict regimen she was on she may have gotten quite thin ('near death' I don't buy though), but on the press tour obviously she is not superskinny, she was/is clear about not being interested in maintaining that sort of weight.

True. I hope they didn't butcher les mis! Such a good stage production that I really want the movie to be good! I'm in two minds about Anne. I do think she looks so much prettier on film and with long hair than in photos. Think her features are too big for stills?

True. I hope they didn't butcher les mis! Such a good stage production that I really want the movie to be good! I'm in two minds about Anne. I do think she looks so much prettier on film and with long hair than in photos. Think her features are too big for stills?

hmmm...She does have big features that aren't always attractive (the short hair on her just makes the situation worse IMO) like alot of girls on this thread I think Anne is a chameleon, she's not one of those natural stunners, but with the right hair/makeup she CAN look stunning (and lots of people can't even with all the makeup/hairstying in the world)....

Anne Hathaway admitted she was on a strict regimen to get in shape to play Selina Kyle – aka Catwoman — in “The Dark Knight Rises,” but she’s pledged to keep mum on how she got un-fit – and super skinny – to play doomed prostitute Fantine in “Les Miserables.”

“I don’t answer that question. Not to like get super serious about it, but just there’s so many people out there that will try something unhealthy to lose weight,” Anne explained, when Access Hollywood’s Michelle Beadle brought up how much she hates the “weight” question with regards to this film.

“I don’t want to contribute to that. So actually I don’t answer the question,” the actress added.
Whaaat? She did answer it... I read in Vogue (yes the "worst cover" one):
For her role in Les Mis, she had to look simultaneously emaciated an radiant. Before the start of shooting, she went on a strict cleanse andd lost ten pounds, which in the early scenes of the film gives her a gossamer quality. She then took two weeks off and lost another fifteen pounds by following a near-starvation diet, consisting of two thin squares of dried oatmeal paste a day.

"Near death"?

Anne-Hathaway-Fantine-Les-miserables.jpg

You kidding right? :rolleyes:

-_- thats what I looked like when I gained my freshman 15.

Did anyone see her most recent SNL? She already butchered Les Mis, I will never get over thae fact that she got that role. So untalented and chunky.

If she was near death, it's because she was dieting in the wrong way, ie eating basically nothing (apparently she was eating two squares of dried oatmeal paste a day...whatever that is...and then switched to a 500 calorie diet). You can lose 15 lbs eating about double that amount while feeling pretty great, especially when you are 5'8" & 130 lbs to begin with. She just did it wrong.

She has kind of a cute awkward look with longer hair. Love her in devil wears prada. I hope she grows it out. I'm not so sure about her in more serious roles, ill have to watch and see.

I guess her face might have looked sick and malnourished if she cut calories drastically. I mean, I can look near death facewise after a few days of restricting. Bodywise, of course, it's a whole different matter.

I dunno...I think she's decently dedicated to her acting. I mean, she chopped all her hair off and has to live with growing it out for the next few years. As for how she lost the weight, if she wasn't consistent about it, maybe it was a form of method acting, however intentional/unintentional. I mean, if you're living in the streets as a prostitute, you're gonna have some good days when you can eat a lot, and other days when you can't. Maybe she was just trying to get herself into the mindset. Even though her character was "starved", it seems like the directors interpreted that as someone who has irregular access to decent amounts of food.