Amber Heard

@FrançoiseEllyn

Would you clarify? Would you care to challenge anything specific? I know 'innocent until proven guilty' and 'submit evidence to social workers and cops rather than tabloids' is an unfashionable opinion.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
@FrançoiseEllyn, yeah, I'm with the others on this- what exactly are you trying to say? That a seven hour deposition is evidence of the veracity of her claims?

It's worth it to say that I'm starting to believe her, but I don't think anything should be done if there's reasonable doubt to the contrary. That's kind of the law- without evidence you're SOL, which suck, but that's the law for a reason.

Reactions: 1 users
My boyfriend recently filmed me without my knowledge and I freaked out, mind you I was sober but I would probably have been more outrageous when drunk.

Reactions: 2 users
Reactions: 1 user
I'm starting to believe her,
I'm genuinely curious, what makes you believe her more and more? I've been going the opposite way and believing her less and less.

The tabloid was so ridiculously exaggerated - I didn't see him throw a wine glass at all, just thump it down on the table before he went for the phone. He definitely wasn't "out of control," as the article says.

Ugh. I think @Artemis said it best: this is such a shitty situation no matter who's right. We either have a lying wife-beater or a lying sycophant who's making all domestic abuse survivors look bad.

Reactions: 4 users
I'm genuinely curious, what makes you believe her more and more? I've been going the opposite way and believing her less and less.

The tabloid was so ridiculously exaggerated - I didn't see him throw a wine glass at all, just thump it down on the table before he went for the phone. He definitely wasn't "out of control," as the article says.

Ugh. I think @Artemis said it best: this is such a shitty situation no matter who's right. We either have a lying wife-beater or a lying sycophant who's making all domestic abuse survivors look bad.
Well, I can't say it's based off of evidence or proof- just a silly gut feeling. I see a lot of myself in her from when I was in a very dark place, and I think that makes me more inclined to empathise with women in her situation.

@Artemis and you are both right- it's shitty and there is no winner to be had here.

1. She mentioned how Heard didn't go to her deposition. This updated article states she gave a seven hour deposition before the hearing.

2. This site.
1. The updated article is from dailymail though? They may be very well on the ball in this case, but often their "facts" are pulled from TMZ/other gossip sites. They redact so many statements it's silly. It's fine as a source for pictures of celebs and gossip, but a terrible source for stories as critical as this.

2. It's healthy to question both parties and not believe whatever we've read, especially when there is a large amount of manipulation of public image at play. Just means that we're not all that stupid.

Reactions: 4 users

Here is the breakdown of the evidence in case anyone is interested.

I'm leaning more against AH if I'm being honest. This comes not from being a fan of JD, because when I first heard about it I supported AH. There are many cases of violence against women in marriages where a woman has no chance to go up against her husband, and him being rich and a celebrity certainly doesn't help.

However there more I read about the case the more AH seems like the abuser (if he is innocent, then what she is doing to him is abuse).
There has been no past cases against him for domestic violence, and his ex girlfriend (Vanessa Paradis) has spoken publicly about it being nonsense. So what, did he just wake up after 50 years and decided to become a wife-beater? No, there would have been such tendencies earlier (which is also why, if a man has hit you once he will do it again).
However, AH has been convicted in the past for abuse against a girlfriend, I believe. In that case abuse is in her past, not his.

We can't just assume she is right because she is a woman, as little as we can assume he is right because he is Johnny Depp. Women can be just as big scumbags as men.
Of course we don't know what happened, but staying truly neutral would mean that you assume both of them are lying, which is impossible. You either believe him or her or you don't care.
I believe him more, at the moment, based on the evidence I have read.

Edit: sorry for the insane post at the beginning. I didn't know it would link like that and I don't know how to change it

Reactions: 3 users
Reactions: 5 users
Reactions: 7 users
"Amber will be donating financial proceeds from the divorce to a charity" hmm let me guess the charitable organisation of Amber Heard's bank account?:eyeroll:

It's a brand new charity called The Amber Heard Gold Digging Foundation.

• Funny
Reactions: 12 users
Someone help Elon Musk, we need him in order to escape this stupid fucking planet.

Reactions: 2 users
I read that she's donating it to a domestic abuse shelter? If true its about the only thing making me hate her less right now I went from being outrageously sympathetic to utterly disgusted.