Alexa Chung

:lol: :lol:ummm I mean...

tumblr_lkjglisoBO1qe0osr.gif

Truly sorry? After all, rule number one is: The Doctor lies.

You are funny! :grin:

I understand Alexa, too, is amusing. Alas, now I'm even less original.

Reactions: 1 user

What I find amazing is how true to her own style she remains even in ads and editorials... She's been quite successful for ages yet seems to be only now really hitting her stride, at 30, when many models retire. Very cool and I'm happy for her.

Hahaha. Touché.

You're right mind; 'Nail Kale' does make the image seem like a cosmetics parody ad – albeit one just the right colour of stupid to actually be real. Puts me in mind of the following: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwylBRucU7w

I suppose someone must cater for those with slender surfboard fingers and gorgeous gravestone nails.

Why shouldn't folk like this chap...

the-science-of-sleep.jpg

...be accorded the chance to gain beauteous hands?

I liked her, but I did't think about her as a thinspo since I thought I could never have those legs. Now since I know she was bigger, she became a great thinspiration ! And she also said she is not used to working out, didn't she?

attachment.php

I want those legs sooo bad!

oh my god those are the dream legs

So I actually saw Alexa Chung in person yesterday in NYC (East Village). We were crossing the street in opposite directions. I was mesmerized by her skinny legs in black pants and studded moto boots and didn't look at her face until she was actually inches away from me. It took me a second to recognize her.She looked very serious, walking in big strides. It was about 8 pm and she had her evening makeup on, applied a little heavy-handedly, and her hair was surprisingly obviously ombre and scraggly looking from the back. She appears by no means emaciated, I would say she looks quite normal (not in the average sense, but healthy). I was super pleased to see her, especially after stalking her here for a while!

Oh no, I would have imagined she looks skinny OVERALL. What you describe sounds so...disappointing.

Yes, in the SG sense, she was not an inspiration really. But it's hard to tell, she was quite covered up!

Yes, in the SG sense, she was not an inspiration really. But it's hard to tell, she was quite covered up!

Do you mean pictures make her look thinner than she actually is or that she carries her low weight well and makes it appear 'normal' on her frame?

PS - Thank you for sharing your story :)

Do you mean pictures make her look thinner than she actually is or that she carries her low weight well and makes it appear 'normal' on her frame?

PS - Thank you for sharing your story :)
The latter - exactly what I was trying to express, in fact! I'm guessing many girls on here are in the range she seems to be in, aspiring towards more obvious boniness. :)

The latter - exactly what I was trying to express, in fact! I'm guessing many girls on here are in the range she seems to be in, aspiring towards more obvious boniness. :)

Hmm that's odd. I saw her in the East Village a few weeks ago and was taken aback by how petite she is. Tiny waist -- I thought she was pretty skinny!

I couldn't see anything of her upper body, as I said, she was pretty covered up. I agree she comes across as more petite, height-wise, than I expected.

I couldn't see anything of her upper body, as I said, she was pretty covered up. I agree she comes across as more petite, height-wise, than I expected.

Yes, I am 5'9"+ and she was shorter than me, maybe around 5'8. she was wearing a long skirt which accentuated her waist with a short sleeved top so she wasn't too covered up. I thought she appeared as skinny as she does in photos.