Selena Gomez

Her video for come and get it airs right now - and sorry, it's just so bad. Never really liked her.

It is bad. I don't get the song/video in an way shape or form. When I saw it I kind of compared it to Rebecca Black's Friday...

Haven't felt the need to watch the video, but I do find the song catchy. I love anything with a Bollywood beat.

May 19, 2013

selena-gomez-billboard-music-awards-2013-red-carpet-15.jpg

selena-gomez-billboard-music-awards-2013-red-carpet-06.jpg

^^^^

I hate that dress. I hate her hair. I hate her makeup.
I hate it all...:meh:
Also her stomach in the side shot looks eh.. lumpy and she has no neck
The longer I look, the more faults I find!

She looks so squishy, like her body fat percentage is 50. Everything about her is soft and jiggly.

In addition to losing weight, she desperately needs to tone up and eat a cleaner diet.

How does concert which is about singing has to do anything with her looks?

Reactions: 1 user

Concerts are about more than just the voice - there's the lights, atmosphere, stage set up, outfits, choreography, and overall presentation of the artist, including how she looks onstage. Which in this case her look is significantly hurt by her weight.

1. This is Skinny Gossip. Criticism is expected and encouraged, especially on the people who put themselves on the limelight.

2. Whilst it is true that the aim of a concert is to supposedly perform music in front of an audience, Selena Gomez's concert is not 100% about her singing and music. It involves costumes, lights, choregraphies, sets, special effects, etc. It also aims to entertain the audience visually and because she's a celebrity, highlight Selena Gomez herself. So yes, her looks are also very important.

3. Maybe if she had an incredible talent for singing and her songs were actually any good then her concert would be centered on the actual music, on the singing and less on her. But she's not. She can't hit high notes, she uses too much falsetto to hide the lack of vocal power and although her songs are fairly easy to sing there's a very audible stuggle for her when she sings live. She's not the kind of singer people appreciate for the voice mostly. She's not a virtuoso. She's not Maria Callas.

4. If she was a good singer/actress instead of another overrated cookie cutter ex-Disney teen star aimed to entertain twelve-year-olds then maybe it'd be harder to criticize her appereance as she'd actually be good at her job. But to be honest her looks are all she has to sell.

Reactions: 3 users

I generally agree with you.
If the artist is great I don't care how she or he looks.
If they aren't I don't care either because I won't go :)

That being said, I guess in her case the look is part of the package, a big if not the most important one. But she's so far from my musical taste that I dare not say more about her music.