IMG_20180420_123528.png

Last night with Charlotte Lawrence

Reactions: 1 users
Vía Charlotte Lawrence's insta story
Screenshot_20180421-164803.png

I want to have her stomach so bad

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
I saw her at a casting the other day and would like to slap myself for seeing old photos and thinking she gained.

• Funny
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users
kaia - instylemag.jpg

Fashion’s newest face opens up about her awkward phase, becoming a role model, and the biggest lesson she’s learned from her mom...

KAHLANA BARFIELD BROWN -
Apr 16, 2018 @ 9:00 am

You’re 16. Did you always know you wanted to follow in your mother’s footsteps and become a model?
I actually didn’t understand what she even did until I was older. Plus, I had a real awkward stage not even that long ago. But once I started growing into myself and getting confidence, I realized that maybe modeling was something I’d like to do.

You had an awkward stage? Oh my gosh, yes! I was super-tall and a little chubby, and I didn’t know what to do with my hair. And just the clothes I chose to wear ... But my parents let me learn my own lessons, which was effective. My mom was like, “You want to wear blue eye shadow? Go ahead.” And I never wore it again. Now I believe that if you haven’t gone through an awkward phase, you haven’t experienced life. You just come out on the other side so grateful it’s over.

Is there something that you had to grow to love about yourself? People at school would make fun of my long legs. When you’re around a bunch of kids trying to figure out what the guys find cute ... that was hard. But later I realized that my legs work for what I want to do. Now, of course, I love my lanky legs.

What’s the biggest lesson you’ve learned from your mom? She’s taught me that taking care of yourself is important, and so is learning to be happy with who you are. And that less is more. It’s fun to play around with makeup, but you don’t need too much to be beautiful.

You grew up in Malibu. Did that give you a more relaxed approach? Definitely. I don’t wear much makeup, and I don’t do my hair. My hairstylists get mad at me because I’ll use hotel shampoos and conditioners. But I’ve always been obsessed with smelling good.

What’s your earliest perfume memory? Whenever my mom was out, I’d try on all her perfume. I’d, like, see a spray bottle and shower myself in it. But my first personal fragrance, as an adult, was Marc Jacobs Daisy. Now I alternate between Daisy and Daisy Love, which is fresh and clean but still sophisticated.

Since you were already a fan, what was it like shooting the Marc Jacobs Daisy Love campaign? We got to shoot on the beach, which was a lot of fun. It was like having a beach day with my friends. Like, “How is this work?”

How do you approach social media? I like using Instagram to show people my personality. In every other format they’re seeing me through other people’s eyes. So I try not to edit too much or think too hard about it. I’m also not somebody who’s always checking it. I like actually experiencing things. At the same time, I do want to show girls you don’t have to try so hard. As long as you’re happy, whatever everyone else is doing shouldn’t matter.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Now I believe that if you haven’t gone through an awkward phase, you haven’t experienced life. You just come out on the other side so grateful it’s over.
:nod:
I really adore her. She seems so genuine and hard-working, plus she seems to really love what she's doing. I hope it continues this way.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
Candids from the last few days. I am obsessed with her proportions (can you tell? I am always posting about her)
IMG_20180427_143509.png
IMG_20180427_143521.png
IMG_20180427_143554.png
IMG_20180427_143606.png
IMG_20180427_143617.png
IMG_20180427_143629.png

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Kaia definitely has a shorter torso, but for those legs (and arms, and body in general), it's a fair trade ;)

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
Some HQ from last night because I am in love on how her legs looked in that Versace dress :luv:
IMG_20180503_085518.png
IMG_20180503_085531.png
IMG_20180503_085541.png
IMG_20180503_085558.png
IMG_20180503_085631.png
IMG_20180503_085621.png

• Love
Reactions: 4 users