Taylor Swift

I guess I just always assumed she was naturally tall & lanky and stayed fairly slim (by celebrity standards) without trying too much. So did her metabolism just slow down as she’s gotten older and she hasn’t adjusted? Or did she actually try to maintain her physique in the past and has now gotten lazy with it?

I guess I just always assumed she was naturally tall & lanky and stayed fairly slim (by celebrity standards) without trying too much. So did her metabolism just slow down as she’s gotten older and she hasn’t adjusted? Or did she actually try to maintain her physique in the past and has now gotten lazy with it?
I feel like getting lazy with what she was eating has a bit to do with it, but also taking such a long break from her previous lifestyle probably has a lot to do with it. She was always on the move and dancing around on stage and everything, and then she suddenly took a 2 year break and slowed down a lot.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
My guess is that she didn't gain out of laziness, but that she intentionally put on weight. I have 0 problem believing her marketing team probably pushed her weight gain so that she'd be more favorable in the public eye. After LWYMMD, people were commenting on how "thicc" she had gotten and shit like "I'm here for thick Taylor!" Maybe they decided it also makes her more "relatable" or whatever.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
I feel like getting lazy with what she was eating has a bit to do with it, but also taking such a long break from her previous lifestyle probably has a lot to do with it. She was always on the move and dancing around on stage and everything, and then she suddenly took a 2 year break and slowed down a lot.

I completely agree with this explanation! When she was at her skinniest, it was also that time period when she was EVERYWHERE. I remember I couldn't scroll on social media or watch a late night talk show without seeing her face or hearing her name. She was living a really, really busy lifestyle.

I completely agree with this explanation! When she was at her skinniest, it was also that time period when she was EVERYWHERE. I remember I couldn't scroll on social media or watch a late night talk show without seeing her face or hearing her name. She was living a really, really busy lifestyle.
Yeah, and she was always out and about walking and doing things when she wasn't on stage. During her break though she was basically MIA and there was never any paparazzi photos of her... so I'm not sure if she is just really good at hiding or was just staying indoors all the time.

Yeah all very good explanations, makes total sense. She also seems pretty comfortable in her relationship with that Joe guy too so maybe a few “love pounds” there.

• Agree
I sense that emotional eating played a role too: after the Kim/Kanye fiasco she became reclusive and that was when she started to gain (and such a dramatic difference doesn't come alone from becoming more sedentary.) I know she re-emerged preaching that she's stronger now, but when the trending hashtag on twitter is that your career is over it must be a huge blow. Clearly it had a marked effect on her.

• Agree
  • Sad
I sense that emotional eating played a role too: after the Kim/Kanye fiasco she became reclusive and that was when she started to gain (and such a dramatic difference doesn't come alone from becoming more sedentary.) I know she re-emerged preaching that she's stronger now, but when the trending hashtag on twitter is that your career is over it must be a huge blow. Clearly it had a marked effect on her.
I agree that this probably contributed to it. To be honest, I liked country music Taylor Swift. She was sweet and drama-free and didn't feel the need to ascribe to the "bad girl" stereotype. Unfortunately, I can't really feel bad for the flak she received in light of the Kanye thing. What she did was completely wrong and devious.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users
To me it feels like she has been emotionally eating a lot? The whole drama surrounding her life and the latest increase of her haters definitely took a toll on her mental state, also. I might be wrong. After all, she's a human too, I doubt she's as strong as she portrays herself to be with her latest songs...

In addition, I really hope it's not in order to stay relevant with the whole Kardashian voluminous body trend. That would be so paradoxically sad, especially keeping in mind her open fight with KKW and Kanye.

But honestly, I think she looked fantastic with a skinnier body and now it feels such a waste.

In memoriam of Taylor's skinny upper body, xylo and collarbones:

rs_634x1024-160215153706-634-2016-Grammy-Awards-taylor-swift.jpg

• Agree
View attachment 19458 View attachment 19459
Why would you make your big revenge comeback looking like this?
She could have built up the suspense even longer whilst she lost the weight.
This is an album release body:
View attachment 19461
I saw these pictures and honestly I laughed. Am I the only one that's glad she's gained weight?
I don't like her at all so nothing makes me more happy than seeing her pack on the pounds, I don't care what the reasons are behind her weight gain (as long as it's nothing too sad/serious). Maybe I'm just a mean person :twisted:

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users
For me the mystery behind her weight gain is clear: Karlie K., one of her 23.947 besties sent her a lifelong supply of Karlie's Kookies with a card which said something like "Dear, this is the secret behind indulging and staying in shape at the same time. xoxo"

I'm not sad about Taylor's weight gain. In fact I even like it. Because I hate her so much. :hahano:

• Funny
For me the mystery behind her weight gain is clear: Karlie K., one of her 23.947 besties sent her a lifelong supply of Karlie's Kookies with a card which said something like "Dear, this is the secret behind indulging and staying in shape at the same time. xoxo"

I'm not sad about Taylor's weight gain. In fact I even like it. Because I hate her so much. :hahano:
kalteen-bars.gif

• Funny
  • Agree
Reactions: 9 users
I saw these photos and instantly thought. the following scenarios:

1) ..did she secretly give birth?!?! Because that's quite a bit of weight in short period of time for a person who has been on the leaner side of the healthy BMI spectrum. However since we aren't in the 50's/60s and do we think Taylor actually had a love child hehe...this probably isn't true.

2) My second reaction when a celeb gains a lot suddenly is rehab (Matthew Perry style, skinny to chub chub)....IDK if this actually applies to Ms. 'I project being squeaky clean until I put up a slightly rough sounding wannabe sassy song' Swift

3) Other options are emotional and other medical issues like Ms. Misha Barton.

4) Weight gain for a role (Charlize style). but then I'm sure we would KNOW about her being cast in something....

Last edited:
  • Agree