Taylor Swift

Even though she's thin, I still don't see her as an inspiration. She just reeks of insecurity (whinny breakup songs, awkward fashion choices, etc) which is a shame because she would have made a great before/after.

Inspirations to me are woman who carry themselves in a confident, alluring way.

Reactions: 1 users
Her body looks good in her Glamour shoot. But I like her in general most of the time, I wish she'd stop dressing so cutesy and being so ott nice all the time - it makes her seem like shes probably even worse when people arent around.

20iexed.jpg
tumblr_no91phLpSN1tdnakio1_400.jpg

I remember a couple of years ago my dad saw Taylor Swift on tv and said she was the ugliest singer he had ever seen. Sorry to be harsh, but I can't say i disagree. I find the shape of her eyes and her bulbous nose rather off putting, and she should really change up those comb-over bangs shes got. It never fails to make me cringe.

Her body looks good in her Glamour shoot. But I like her in general most of the time, I wish she'd stop dressing so cutesy and being so ott nice all the time - it makes her seem like shes probably even worse when people arent around.

20iexed.jpg
tumblr_no91phLpSN1tdnakio1_400.jpg
Yeah she looks good when she's not the one dressing herself :lol: She's probably the only popstar with a nice body, I can't think of any other one.

Reactions: 1 user
I find her face/personality/music/everything really boring. As has been said before, she could literally be any mediocre (but thin) woman walking down the road. i do think she's got a point about the blatant sexism towards her though. like, if she was a guy everyone would just pat her on the back for her multitude of lovers and consequent musical dedications, but because she's female she's just branded an overly emotional slut? not fair.

She's criticized for boy-centric/love lyrics and then retorts that 'boys do it and don't get this branding.'

How about not having lame lyrics instead of hiding under the grand shield of feminism? She's either stupid, not being able to write anything else, or greedy, as catchy radio songs will get her the biggest paycheck. Either way, she's rich and way too lucky and should therefore stfu.

Reactions: 2 users
She's criticized for boy-centric/love lyrics and then retorts that 'boys do it and don't get this branding.'

How about not having lame lyrics instead of hiding under the grand shield of feminism? She's either stupid, not being able to write anything else, or greedy, as catchy radio songs will get her the biggest paycheck. Either way, she's rich and way too lucky and should therefore stfu.

Yeah I agree with you completely and find no appeal in her music, it's boring and generally either just whiny or just catchy. but if she is insists on making that music, she's right in saying she should get the same treatment as any guy would who's doing the same kinda thing. she should be branded on the crapness of what she does, not just the fact that she's a woman doing it.

anyway i think i'm stating the obvious, just wanted to make myself clear in that i do not support her personally, just agree she shouldn't be treated differently to any man for her drivel.

I have very little knowledge of her and her whole career, but I've come to like her lately, even thought I used to find her really obnoxious. She actually has something genuine going on there, even if her fashion sense comes off as if she's trying way too hard tbh

That hair is awful, it's the color of dishwater and the cut is terrible. It makes her look years older than she is.

I do think she looks pretty good in this

Yes, just saw this. Hate to say this, but she looked good with red hair. I'm still confused as to why she has got all her friends to appear in the video - it was so distracting. Oh well, another way for her to get more attention and $$$ in the bank.

Yes, just saw this. Hate to say this, but she looked good with red hair. I'm still confused as to why she has got all her friends to appear in the video - it was so distracting. Oh well, another way for her to get more attention and $$$ in the bank.
Agree, especially Mariska Hargitay, Ellen Pompeo and Lena Dunham seemed so random and enlisting all those names for a 3 minute video seemed odd. Still of all the models in the video - Karlie, Martha, Lily, Gigi, Cara..she seemed to be the thinnest so props to her.

I find her face/personality/music/everything really boring. As has been said before, she could literally be any mediocre (but thin) woman walking down the road. i do think she's got a point about the blatant sexism towards her though. like, if she was a guy everyone would just pat her on the back for her multitude of lovers and consequent musical dedications, but because she's female she's just branded an overly emotional slut? not fair.
Name me one male artist who has had a multitude of girlfriends (normal) and has written songs about almost every one of them (creepy, pseudo-obsessive, psycho). I don't actually follow artists' careers so I'm genuinely curious if there are male singers out there as well (with a similar claim to fame and a strategy to obtain $$$).

Definitely unfair to call her a "slut", and props to TS anyway for being so successful. I'm just not a fan because I find her obnoxious and fake, despite how genuine she tries to appear sometimes... like taking pictures with a little girl in the park (so kind) with a face full of makeup and hair done (pre-mediated photo-op?)

Name me one male artist who has had a multitude of girlfriends (normal) and has written songs about almost every one of them (creepy, pseudo-obsessive, psycho). I don't actually follow artists' careers so I'm genuinely curious if there are male singers out there as well (with a similar claim to fame and a strategy to obtain $$$).

Definitely unfair to call her a "slut", and props to TS anyway for being so successful. I'm just not a fan because I find her obnoxious and fake, despite how genuine she tries to appear sometimes... like taking pictures with a little girl in the park (so kind) with a face full of makeup and hair done (pre-mediated photo-op?)

I agree, Taylor swift has a hard time appearing genuinely personable.

I dont really care for her, but atleast I will commend her for striving for a certain body standard, being ambitious and achieving financial freedom by achieving a certain level of branding that is marketable to her followers.

According to internet gossip, the song is about Katy Perry, who she's apparently in a feud with due to Katy "stealing" some dancers from Taylors tour. Her putting so many famous "friends" in her video is supposedly a fuck you to Katy.

At least the feud is (apparently) not about John Mayer :superpuke:...

I have no idea if any male artists has ever done this, and it is definitely pretty weird, but then a lot of men have written some very creepy songs about women (referencing various songs here, nothing specific) and it's not been ridiculed in the same way? I dunno, there's definitely a lot of sexism going on in the music biz, as with most industries, and I just think good on her for pointing it out.

Besides all that though, I have nothing else to say about her. She's just... bleh.