Models: Before & After Weight Gain (or Loss)

1. The girl is NOT a bmi of 16.1 unless her bones are the size of toothpicks..or she has about 2% muscle...just for reference, my bmi is 16.6 and i honestly know i'm smaller
2. her nose. enough said.
3. "she may lose self esteem and the modelling agency can cause her to have an eating disorder" This would be like saying working at a rehab would "cause" drug addiction....or that any mental illness is so simply 'caught' that a person can impose it on another..:mad:

Last edited by a moderator:
interesting. So I guess she's naturally just a normal average size now that's she's reached adulthood, but she's suddenly decided she was willing to become extra restrictive to get back into the high fashion game. I'm inspired to see that such a change can occur when obviously not naturally skinny anymore but part of me is sort of sad for her because she's probably beating herself up constantly. I don't think it could be much fun being a runway model in a situation where you're naturally about 40lbs heavier than you need to be to get work.

She wasn't THAT big when she "just" transitioned out of being a straight-sized model. Maybe she just needed some redefining on what it means to "be able to eat". Some people think life's not worth living without junk food every day :rolleyes: whereas other people think to eat means eating 1200-1500 cals of highly nutrient-dense food (side note: I don't think she gained a ton of weight eating <1500 cals... it takes much more than that). Last thing: you could argue it's not very fun being in ANY industry where the expectations are high and you have to really work to meet them. But if this was her choice to go back to work, then she's accepted the consequences so I think she'll be just fine. "Natural weight" also depends highly on your daily habits. I would imagine VERY few models to be "naturally" underweight without working for it.

Valery Kaufman has had an impressive weight loss.

BEFORE

00170fullscreen.jpg

(DKNY S/S 2012)
00210h.jpg

And now...

_ON_0041.450x675.JPG

7eLw1yyU.jpg

P9NkXcz.jpg

tumblr_mbx6jwXAWF1qzwj70o1_r2_500.jpg

Her legs are looking mighty fine.

WOW she looks so much better :wtf::luv:

Yeah. Has anyone tried them? I feel like they must be not so good:confused:
I've tried them and I don't like them. Probably the worst kookie ever. I'd much rather have a 'bad' cookie that's tastier. Actually I didn't like any of the stuff from that place, I don't understand there are queues for that place. Everything was sickly sweet. It all tasted artificial to me. And I love my sweets.

i saw karolina kurkova working out today and her body is not as thin as it has been in the past year or two (although she did look very 'fit' and not soft in any way). She definitely is among the biggest yo-yoers in the business it seems like

i saw karolina kurkova working out today and her body is not as thin as it has been in the past year or two (although she did look very 'fit' and not soft in any way). She definitely is among the biggest yo-yoers in the business it seems like

Doesn't she have thyroid disease? I think I had heard that, which explains some of her yo-yoing.

I've tried them and I don't like them. Probably the worst kookie ever. I'd much rather have a 'bad' cookie that's tastier. Actually I didn't like any of the stuff from that place, I don't understand there are queues for that place. Everything was sickly sweet. It all tasted artificial to me. And I love my sweets.

I completely agree. I think Momofuku milk bar is overrated, don't understand the appeal at all. Have never had one of Karlie's Kookies because they are enormous and really overpriced. I've had the other cookies at Momofoku and they tasted cold, stale, and overly sweet. Not delicious at all.

Darling Marine's facial weight loss is always a fabulous one to see.

Before:
tumblr_nakez1p38M1qd49tio2_250.jpg

After:
tumblr_nakez1p38M1qd49tio1_250.jpg

Doesn't she have thyroid disease? I think I had heard that, which explains some of her yo-yoing.
she looked really healthy and not fatigued, so if she has had those issues in the past i'm really happy she's exercising and appears to be doing well :)