Ask a model anything

Ugh, that sounds terrible!
I asked cause I had a job that required me to get up at 3h30 AM, and I was falling asleep from exhaustion and this woman started trying to make me eat candy cause she assumed I was passing out >.>
Yeah, cause CANDY is what you need when you feel faint. :mclap:

Dehydration anyone? Low pressure(in which case, a pinch of salt in your mouth would do the trick)? It's fibre and protein that you have to eat if you feel like passing out, not fat covered with tons of sugar. Good lord, some people are ignorants by nature.

Yeah, cause CANDY is what you need when you feel faint. :mclap:

Dehydration anyone? Low pressure(in which case, a pinch of salt in your mouth would do the trick)? It's fibre and protein that you have to eat if you feel like passing out, not fat covered with tons of sugar. Good lord, some people are ignorants by nature.

Well I do understand the candy (low blood sugar makes most people pass out)

Reactions: 1 user
Well I do understand the candy (low blood sugar makes most people pass out)
True, but pretty much anything with a high GI can raise blood sugar quickly, I think. French baguette has a GI of 95.

Anyway, I looked it up and apparently lots of people recommend candy as a quick fix, so my bad.

Ugh, that sounds terrible!
I asked cause I had a job that required me to get up at 3h30 AM, and I was falling asleep from exhaustion and this woman started trying to make me eat candy cause she assumed I was passing out >.>

It annoys me so much. I just want to slap them and be like "You worry about your diet, and I'll worry about mine. Capish?"

Stupid know-it-all-control-freaks diagnosing everyone with eds and low blood sugar...

It annoys me so much. I just want to slap them and be like "You worry about your diet, and I'll worry about mine. Capish?"

Stupid know-it-all-control-freaks diagnosing everyone with eds and low blood sugar...

Well obviously if you dont eat a full meal every hour and if you aren't eating 1000 calories more than the recommended daily value you are clearly an anorexic that is going to have a heart attack and die at any second.

Reactions: 1 users
True, but pretty much anything with a high GI can raise blood sugar quickly, I think. French baguette has a GI of 95.

Anyway, I looked it up and apparently lots of people recommend candy as a quick fix, so my bad.

Yes, treatment for hypoglycemia is 15g of simple sugar to get your BG up to at least 4 mmol/L, then re-evaluate. You're actually not supposed to mix fats + sugar since the fats impair the absorption of the sugar. That's FIFTEEN GRAMS aka 60-100 cals depending on what you eat, NOT THREE DONUTS AND A LARGE FRIES.

But there's also other reasons for feeling faint, like you know... lack of sleep and exhaustion :hmm:

Ooooh, I have a question! Do you ever get people you work with act overly concerned about what you eat? Like, shoving sandwiches and candy down your throat?

Not people who work in the fashion industry - they all know the drill... "PLEASE DON'T FEED THE MODELS" :hide:

YES! I even did a job for Vogue the other day, with five other models (super skinny) and within five minutes they were telling me how I never eat, I'm starving myself, and giving me sad looks because of my ed..

This is really weird! I have done so many shoots and shows, for years, have never seen this happen.

Naturally, you prioritize getting the utmost nutrition in as little quantity of food as possible. How do you personally systematize it?

Have you ever not booked something because you were too slim and the client wanted a real womnz so they booked a really commercial looking girl instead?

What an awesome thread, I can't believe I've never seen this before so it's wonderful that it's been resurrected!

One thing I've always wondered about is what effect the modelling has upon sibling dynamics, especially for those with sisters. I can't imagine even the sweetest and most supportive sisters in the world don't suffer some envy of your success and/or disappointment in their own looks and genetics at times. Being the plainer sister to a supermodel must be like buying a instant scratchie and then watching the person behind you in the line scratch off their ticket to win the $9,104,398,574 prize!! For those sisters who would die to also become a model themselves but haven't the look it would be enough to make you feel like hurling.. :superpuke: :(

Have you ever not booked something because you were too slim and the client wanted a real womnz so they booked a really commercial looking girl instead?

I was actually booked for a pretty commercial job recently with another girl who was larger than me. None of the clothes fitted me so she got all the nice outfits and I had all the ugly stuff that either had to be pinned drastically or was really boxy and made me look much larger. This was a 3 day location shoot and they wouldn't stop berating my skinniness the whole time. grrr.

I was actually booked for a pretty commercial job recently with another girl who was larger than me. None of the clothes fitted me so she got all the nice outfits and I had all the ugly stuff that either had to be pinned drastically or was really boxy and made me look much larger. This was a 3 day location shoot and they wouldn't stop berating my skinniness the whole time. grrr.

Does it mean you are back at modeling ? <3 !! I thought you were an agent/photographer now.

So did this episode made you reconsider your measurements or is it just spmething you need to get through anyway ?

Does it mean you are back at modeling ? <3 !! I thought you were an agent/photographer now.

So did this episode made you reconsider your measurements or is it just spmething you need to get through anyway ?

I occasionally take modeling jobs if the pay/travel is enticing enough, but you're right, I work primarily as a fashion photographer. Haha, of course not, they booked me for the job, they paid me and covered all expenses, they can deal with my size. I'm not going to gain weight because one commercial brand said I was too slim for them.

I have always been very curious about something, and especially since I started to reach a lower BMI:

Don't models lose a lot of hair?

Since I have been restricting quite a lot, and therefore haven't been able to incorporate a lot of protein in my diet, I have noticed I'm starting to lose a LOT of hair, and I find it so scary!

Of course when you would be doing shows, it's very damaging to the hair, what with all the pulling, blowdrying, etc.

I would except to go bald within a month if I had the combination of low cal diet + getting my hair pulled/brushed/dried all the time (at least during fashion week)

So yes, this was a bit longer than I intended, but I'm very curious as to what the answer would be! :bow: :shy:

I have always been very curious about something, and especially since I started to reach a lower BMI:

Don't models lose a lot of hair?

Since I have been restricting quite a lot, and therefore haven't been able to incorporate a lot of protein in my diet, I have noticed I'm starting to lose a LOT of hair, and I find it so scary!

Of course when you would be doing shows, it's very damaging to the hair, what with all the pulling, blowdrying, etc.

I would except to go bald within a month if I had the combination of low cal diet + getting my hair pulled/brushed/dried all the time (at least during fashion week)

So yes, this was a bit longer than I intended, but I'm very curious as to what the answer would be! :bow: :shy:

I don't do much runway, and usually I get "natural" looking straight hair, but when I first started I did a hair show where the hair dresser had arrived directly from fashion week (Milan, Paris and NY) and he was amazing, but he didn't seem to care if he destroyed the hair at all a song as it looked good. I did four shows that day and he made a huge teased afro out of my hair, full of hair spray, and then brushed it all out and made it completely straight, then curled it, then made an Afro again, then brushed it out, and continued all day, as I was sitting there I could see my hair just flying around me and it hurt so badly, but looked amazing :lol:

To be honest my hair hasn't really been the same since, but then again I've been working ever since too. I miss my hair before modeling though.

Oh, and what I hate the most about model apartments is the bathroom floor because there's hair everywhere. Loose hairs drives me crazy...! So yeah. It's an issue.

I don't do much runway, and usually I get "natural" looking straight hair, but when I first started I did a hair show where the hair dresser had arrived directly from fashion week (Milan, Paris and NY) and he was amazing, but he didn't seem to care if he destroyed the hair at all a song as it looked good. I did four shows that day and he made a huge teased afro out of my hair, full of hair spray, and then brushed it all out and made it completely straight, then curled it, then made an Afro again, then brushed it out, and continued all day, as I was sitting there I could see my hair just flying around me and it hurt so badly, but looked amazing :lol:

To be honest my hair hasn't really been the same since, but then again I've been working ever since too. I miss my hair before modeling though.

Oh, and what I hate the most about model apartments is the bathroom floor because there's hair everywhere. Loose hairs drives me crazy...! So yeah. It's an issue.

Oh thanks so much for your answer!! :kiss: :)

haha yes I can imagine for the model's appartment, but can you see a noticable difference on the head (maybe even like bald patches?)

Oh thanks so much for your answer!! :kiss: :)

haha yes I can imagine for the model's appartment, but can you see a noticable difference on the head (maybe even like bald patches?)

It's not as thick and soft as it used to be, it's more dry and poofy, and I struggle more with brushing it after washing :hmm:

Would you get fired if you stole something like a piece of jewelry or a pair of shoes from a show or photoshoot? Or does that kind of thing ever even happen?