What clothes look good on only skinny girls?

Discussion in 'Clothes' started by kpatricia, Aug 6, 2012.

1. kpatricia

kpatricia Guest

For me it's definitely:

Skinny jeans (Curvy girls just look chunky in them..)
    Tank tops
    Shorts (I can't wear these because I have tree trunk legs)
    Flat shoes
    Body con anything
    Leggings

What other clothing items can only skinny girls wear and look good?

2. Babydoll

Babydoll Guest

Leotards and tights. I am always blushing in ballet class because I look so... Ack!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Xsmall

Xsmall Super Star

Definitely high waisted shorts! (think Miley Cyrus) I mean ONLY skinny girls can pull those off

4. Anna

Anna Rookie

Omg this! Though I think slim-skinny girls suit it more than really stick thin girls. I would cringe when I saw bigger girls wearing Herve Leger dresses.
    [​IMG]

I would say that skinny girls are the only ones who can pull off ankle boots and ankle strap shoes. And this sounds weird but... turtlenecks
    [​IMG]

5. salander

salander Guest

I'm apt to agree with the initial list, but my additions would be short, especially tight-fitting skirts, and boots that cut off mid-calf (and yes, that includes Uggs, which I see on heavier girls constantly).

I'm terribly picky about clothes, but then again, I may or may not prefer spending my Saturday nights watching people go out to the clubs instead of going out myself and playing a little game I like to call "Oh Honey, No".

6. Total Vogue

Total Vogue Rookie

Anything with an open back. No one wants to see lovehandles.

7. 71000

71000 Rising Star

bikinis :kiss:
    gladiator sandals (no one wants to see fat oozing through :superpuke:)
    capris (makes fat thighs look huge :-/)

8. classichic

classichic Super Star

Polo neck sweaters
    Short skirts
    Tiny tank tops
    Any low cut tops otherwise it looks slutty on most people
    Shirts

9. shannon5

shannon5 Guest

ankle boots! Especially when paired with shorts or a dress.
    anything from American Apparel

10. AnastasiaB

AnastasiaB Rookie

Flared skirts
    Skinny belts
    Wide cinch belts
    Crop tops (does this even need to be said?)
    Stilettos

11. SatelliteEyes

SatelliteEyes Worker Bee

Truth.

12. leila

leila Worker Bee

I would agree with this except have you seen their ads? most of them feature girls who (to my mind and by SG standards) are very average and not slim --definitely not model slim by any means.

13. smallbones

smallbones Rookie

Patterned tights (ie. leopard print, floral print, neon colors) these will make your thighs appear even bigger if you're not skinny.

Thigh high socks are a big NO NO if you're not skinny as well.

14. TubbsMcGee

TubbsMcGee Guest

All of the above plus hotpants(why do you do it to yourselves, ladies?), anything with cut out details(sausagemeat...bleurgh) and layering your clothes. I've seen women a good 30lbs overweight wearing a bra that's too small with a vest top and a waistcoat then one of those long 'boyfriend' cardigans, I pray for it to rain so I don't have to watch them peeling off the layers to reveal a fresh horror every time.

15. grapefruit

grapefruit Guest

hahaha :lol: oh god it really does. some girls at my school wear a crop top but a tight tiiiight cami under so their fatass stomachs are just pouring out. its really awful.

I would say leggings, ankle boots, anything tight/mesh/cutout, SKINNY jeans.

omg and highwaisted shorts/bikinis (we're looking at you Ke$ha!!) ... if you're not skinny they just make you look wide and disgusting. just because it looks good on the model doesn't mean it will look good on you. :superpuke:

16. morgan

morgan Guest

please us skinnies can pull off anything :grin:

17. Celestial

Celestial Rookie

Ankle boots
    Over sized sweaters - Skinny people look delicate in them but fat people, no!
    Skinny jeans

18. Elyse

Elyse Guest

So true. I saw a girl with REALLY chubby legs in polka dot tights on the train yesterday. Her legs were so fat that they stretched out what would have been cute polka dots on thin legs so much that they looked like weird giant blotches on her legs.

There's a big colored pants trend going on now too that is really a skinny-only trend. Fat legs and bright red pants do not mix. I don't even feel that I can pull it off because I'm not tall enough.

19. runner313

runner313 Rookie

I LOVE this thread (clothing is a big motivation for me). For me, leggings, skinny jeans, and shorts are the top of my list (my legs are heavy haha)

20. skinny4ever

skinny4ever Banned
    Banned

Skinny jeans, sleeveless, cap sleeves, leggings.