What clothes look good on only skinny girls?

K

kpatricia

For me it's definitely:

Skinny jeans (Curvy girls just look chunky in them..)
Tank tops
Shorts (I can't wear these because I have tree trunk legs)
Flat shoes
Body con anything
Leggings

What other clothing items can only skinny girls wear and look good?

Leotards and tights. I am always blushing in ballet class because I look so... Ack!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely high waisted shorts! (think Miley Cyrus) I mean ONLY skinny girls can pull those off

For me it's definitely:

Skinny jeans (Curvy girls just look chunky in them..)
Tank tops
Shorts (I can't wear these because I have tree trunk legs)
Flat shoes
Body con anything
Leggings

What other clothing items can only skinny girls wear and look good?
Omg this! Though I think slim-skinny girls suit it more than really stick thin girls. I would cringe when I saw bigger girls wearing Herve Leger dresses.
khloe-kim.jpg

I would say that skinny girls are the only ones who can pull off ankle boots and ankle strap shoes. And this sounds weird but... turtlenecks
funnyfaceaudreyhepburnblackpolonecktop50svintageclothing.jpg

I'm apt to agree with the initial list, but my additions would be short, especially tight-fitting skirts, and boots that cut off mid-calf (and yes, that includes Uggs, which I see on heavier girls constantly).

I'm terribly picky about clothes, but then again, I may or may not prefer spending my Saturday nights watching people go out to the clubs instead of going out myself and playing a little game I like to call "Oh Honey, No".

Anything with an open back. No one wants to see lovehandles.

bikinis :kiss:
gladiator sandals (no one wants to see fat oozing through :superpuke:)
capris (makes fat thighs look huge :-/)

ankle boots! Especially when paired with shorts or a dress.
anything from American Apparel

Flared skirts
Skinny belts
Wide cinch belts
Crop tops (does this even need to be said?)
Stilettos

anything from American Apparel

I would agree with this except have you seen their ads? most of them feature girls who (to my mind and by SG standards) are very average and not slim --definitely not model slim by any means.

All of the above plus hotpants(why do you do it to yourselves, ladies?), anything with cut out details(sausagemeat...bleurgh) and layering your clothes. I've seen women a good 30lbs overweight wearing a bra that's too small with a vest top and a waistcoat then one of those long 'boyfriend' cardigans, I pray for it to rain so I don't have to watch them peeling off the layers to reveal a fresh horror every time.

Crop tops (does this even need to be said?)

hahaha :lol: oh god it really does. some girls at my school wear a crop top but a tight tiiiight cami under so their fatass stomachs are just pouring out. its really awful.

I would say leggings, ankle boots, anything tight/mesh/cutout, SKINNY jeans.

omg and highwaisted shorts/bikinis (we're looking at you Ke$ha!!) ... if you're not skinny they just make you look wide and disgusting. just because it looks good on the model doesn't mean it will look good on you. :superpuke:

Ankle boots
Over sized sweaters - Skinny people look delicate in them but fat people, no!
Skinny jeans

Patterned tights (ie. leopard print, floral print, neon colors) these will make your thighs appear even bigger if you're not skinny.

Thigh high socks are a big NO NO if you're not skinny as well.

So true. I saw a girl with REALLY chubby legs in polka dot tights on the train yesterday. Her legs were so fat that they stretched out what would have been cute polka dots on thin legs so much that they looked like weird giant blotches on her legs.

There's a big colored pants trend going on now too that is really a skinny-only trend. Fat legs and bright red pants do not mix. I don't even feel that I can pull it off because I'm not tall enough.

I LOVE this thread (clothing is a big motivation for me). For me, leggings, skinny jeans, and shorts are the top of my list (my legs are heavy haha)