Vaganova Girls

lattelover

Super Star
Fiammetta Daniello (@littleflame__) is a young and relatively unknown Vaganova graduate, but she is absolutely stunning and a true skinny. While her thighs are a bit muscular for my taste (as is typical for ballet dancers), her upper body is so lovely :luv:

Screen Shot 2019-12-28 at 2.56.48 pm.png Screen Shot 2019-12-28 at 2.59.07 pm.pngScreen Shot 2019-12-28 at 3.03.13 pm.png

• Love
Reactions: 6 users

Fremdschämen

Grand Dame

lattelover

Super Star
I've been reading a couple of articles about the diets of Vaganova dancers, and thought I'd cite them here and attach some of the most informative quotes regarding dieting/skinniness in case any of you are interested. It's quite challenging to find any real information about what they eat, so if anyone happens to find/know anything else I'd really appreciate if you shared it!

Telegraph - Tea and Cake or Tvorog and Fruit (also perfectly shows the difference between Western and Russian ballerinas :whistling:)
After a performance, I usually don't eat unless I feel very hungry, in which case I like fruit and raw vegetables.
There used to be a view in the company that a boy could lift a girl without strain if she weighed 47 kilos. So no girl will confess to being more than that. At the Vaganova Academy, you were told that the difference between your height and weight should be 122. So if you are 170 centimetres, take off 122 and you should weigh 48 kilos.
Student Life at the Renowned Vaganova Ballet Academy
Dancers are weighed two to three times a year and before exams, and girls who don’t keep their weight below 50 kilograms are considered too heavy for boys to lift; they lose marks in exams and, if they don’t slim down, will have to leave.
“Practically everyone in my class diets,” says Alexandra Somova, 16. “Most of all, they don’t eat sweets, then things made of wheat.”
My Experience at the Vaganova Ballet Academy
Everyday I entered the cafeteria with a big lunch box and was embarrassed to see that unlike me, the students of the academy were eating very little while some of the older girls didn’t even come down to eat at all!
Interview with Svetlana Zakharova
I can’t afford to leave dance for a long period of time. Ballet is all-encompassing and demands self-denial. How many sacrifices… even food! I feed myself with vitamins, my diet is my job. Dance is my life.

• Love
  • Jizztastic
Reactions: 11 users

olympia

Rookie

Spam of Sveta Savelieva’s lovely training videos. What wouldn’t I give to see her dancing live :luv:

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

leolady

Worker Bee
I have such a girl crush on the beautiful Daria Ionova :luv:

• Love
Reactions: 5 users

olympia

Rookie

20 minute long training videos from Maria Khoreva.

I‘m suddenly loving quarantine :luv:

• Love
Reactions: 2 users