Vaganova Girls

Sorry to drag this thread from the dead, but an update on some of the graduates:
  • Maria Bulanova: Mariinsky
  • Daria Ionova: Mariinsky
  • Anastasia Nuykina: Mariinsky
  • Maria Khoreva: Mariinsky
I know Daria Ionova has a thread on here and maybe Maria Khoreva too?
Here's all four of them looking lovely after the Nijinsky Gala
vbagrads.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
I'm glad for the resurrection, @Alya - I've always enjoyed this thread, but been a little intimidated about joining in as I feel like an imposter (my relationship with ballet is at the bottom in a self-indulgent ramble). I figured I'd post this here, it's a very good documentary and features a lot of Diana Vishneva, who I adore:

More Diana:

1kme8w.gif

She's an icon of grace and makes extreme effort look completely effortless.

Ballet is an important part of my life, although I'm not training. My Mother was a Vaganova girl, but went to London in the 70s. She was desperate for me to go (apparently I have the physical requirements for the method, hypermobility and my turnout is naturally at 180 - so you can imagine her muttering and ranting 'could've been such a beautiful dancer'), but my Father wouldn't let her send me.
Regardless of that, I was brought up with a sincere respect for the discipline (and enjoyment for the personal stories involving Nureyev ;]) and above most ways of life it's one I'm most enthusiastic about - you can imagine what it was like growing up with my Mother, right? I wouldn't change it for anything, it's a perspective unlike any other.

• Love
Upper body :luvluv:

Attachments

• 85ADE158-1625-42C3-BF22-395F9CD055DE.png
    85ADE158-1625-42C3-BF22-395F9CD055DE.png
    423.2 KB · Views: 270
  • Jizztastic
Reactions: 1 user
Maria Khoreva has already been promoted to first soloist, which is crazy given she joined the company just a few months ago. Here's a recent interview with here that some of you might find interesting. I know some here used to be dancers and has to stop due to injury (17:48 to 18:18 particularly hit home for me) and it shows the passion that goes into their work

Her, Anastasia Nuykina, and Daria Ionova looking goregous in NYC this past week

Can we take a moment to appreciate this nonchalant back and rib cage flex?

2F7F0606-22DB-454B-B376-5050CA020DCC.png

• Love
  • Jizztastic
Reactions: 7 users
Resurrecting this thread because it’s absolutely incredible :luv: Ballet dancers are some of my absolute favourite thinspirations, I admire their dedication to their craft and appreciation for the skinny aesthetic so so much.

9FBCF363-BE4D-4D44-BF99-AA58242F0C53.jpeg

D097B2E9-14CB-4832-8428-674A077A2D20.jpeg

EAB834FB-93A9-4EB1-9C03-9D07CBB6E7C0.jpeg

Ik she’s been shared here before, but Mara Chok is one of my ultimate favourites, she’s so perfect :bow:

• Love
Hello hello! This thread is not very active anymore but I’ll try to keep it alive.
malika_ballet from instagram (her name is Malika but I’m not sure about her surname)
She’s a student of Bolshoi Ballet Academy, she’s quickly becoming one of my favourites. Her body is absolutely gorgeous so tall, skinny and flexible. Also her feet are to die for.
B5BCE5CD-537D-4902-BC8E-2C47240AFD8C.jpeg
1BEF4273-CA94-4DB4-82D6-062542BFC7DD.jpeg

Hello hello! This thread is not very active anymore but I’ll try to keep it alive.
malika_ballet from instagram (her name is Malika but I’m not sure about her surname)
She’s a student of Bolshoi Ballet Academy, she’s quickly becoming one of my favourites. Her body is absolutely gorgeous so tall, skinny and flexible. Also her feet are to die for.
View attachment 58731View attachment 58732
Also Yana Cherepanova gets better and better everyday. She’s going to be a star one day.
View attachment 58733View attachment 58734View attachment 58735View attachment 58736
I know younger girls have previously been posted in this thread, but the posts were more to appreciate their to dedication to ballet rather than their bodies.
I don't know about you, but I think seeing kids as thinspo is a little messed up...(and unattainable seeing as they've barely hit puberty?)
These girls can't be any older than 14?

I know younger girls have previously been posted in this thread, but the posts were more to appreciate their to dedication to ballet rather than their bodies.
I don't know about you, but I think seeing kids as thinspo is a little messed up...(and unattainable seeing as they've barely hit puberty?)
These girls can't be any older than 14?
I believe they’re both around 15. Definitely older than 14. Also I admire their dedication and work ethic. I did not post them as thinspo, I posted because they’re flexible, have great turnout and feet. All ballet students from Vaganova and Bolshoi are skinny. What makes them special is their ballet body.

I believe they’re both around 15. Definitely older than 14. Also I admire their dedication and work ethic. I did not post them as thinspo, I posted because they’re flexible, have great turnout and feet. All ballet students from Vaganova and Bolshoi are skinny. What makes them special is their ballet body.
Forgive me if I assumed their ages incorrectly, they look a lot younger than 15; but 15 is still only a year over 14 is it not?
In my eyes, 15's a year too young for SG.
I did not post them as thinspo
Your wording implies otherwise:
Her body is absolutely gorgeous so tall, skinny and flexible.

Forgive me if I assumed their ages incorrectly, they look a lot younger than 15; but 15 is still only a year over 14 is it not?
In my eyes, 15's a year too young for SG.

Your wording implies otherwise:

I am sorry if my wording made it sound bad. I used to dance professionally and when I look at a ballet student I look at them from a dancer’s point of view. I check their ballet abilities like turnout, feet, how long their legs are... Yes I did use the word skinny but I also said that she’s tall and flexible. All three are important for ballet. I’m not sure about how to edit posts but if it’s possible I’ll either delete these or not talk about their weights.

I am sorry if my wording made it sound bad. I used to dance professionally and when I look at a ballet student I look at them from a dancer’s point of view. I check their ballet abilities like turnout, feet, how long their legs are... Yes I did use the word skinny but I also said that she’s tall and flexible. All three are important for ballet. I’m not sure about how to edit posts but if it’s possible I’ll either delete these or not talk about their weights.
That's OK, I can see where you're coming from- it's easy to interpret messages differently online.

Anna Shishanova. She graduated this year. Good technique, beautiful body, resilience. I was afraid that her injury would hold her back but she recovered well.
045F1AAD-2587-440F-966E-5EB49FDE9287.jpeg
D7BFDBD9-BC71-426A-AC34-6BC0C25D48A4.jpeg
50F5F4AF-EBAC-4470-B24F-8B519D7D7511.jpeg

Reactions: 1 users
Update on some recent grads and current attendees:

Valentina Ivanova [graduated, recently gained some weight from settling down at a smaller company than some of her contemporaries but still beautiful. Seems to like sponsorship from various cafés, although I'm not sure I believe she eats quite as much cake as her pictures imply]. She doesn't release her weight but her height is 175cm.

Screen Shot 2019-09-21 at 14.30.14.png

Anna Shishanova [already mentioned but her stats are included here plus from the source verification of the weight system at Vaganova Academy]
Screen Shot 2019-09-21 at 14.48.58.png
Screen Shot 2019-09-21 at 14.49.11.png

Mara Tudosee is absolutely angelic

Svetlana Savelieva is one of the nicest people on Instagram and she just happens to be a skinny angel too :luv: her stretching, workout videos, and captions make her a worthy follow.

She got a lot of flack once for posting about she lost 10kg from 52 to 42 when she was about 15. Apparently, she got told she hadn't made weight, and got so upset about being critisised for the first time ever [if you look at videos she's always in the centre, meaning she's top of the class] she went on a liquid diet for three months. She slowly gained some back, but in recent posts and stories she's mentioned anywhere between 46 to 52 at 171cm, so I think she fluctuates quite a bit, which is understandable considering the level of physical effort she goes through. She likes cheese and chocolate and is my biggest girl crush :)

Daria Ustyuzhanina
She reminds me a bit of Evgenia Obraztsova in the face. Very small thinspo for any shorties out there: 155cm tall.
IMG_2825.png
IMG_2824.png

And lastly some miscellaneous fun from an Italian transfer student who held a QnA and a friend of theirs sent in a sarcastic question saying 'I weight 75kg at 185cm...if I poo tonight will I be okay to dance ballet tomorrow'. I think hahahahah and che stupido suffice as her answer ;)

IMG_2861.png

[Welcoming any post/upload criticism btw and sorry for the spam but every girl at Vaganova deserves a thread imo. Hard working, skinny, well-brought up angels :bow:]

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
A picture from the website of Nathalie Valev de Bares. Her xylo is just to die for.
dsc09722.jpg

Some more pictures from various girls
Anna Shishanova:
1569092086193.png

Maria Khoreva
489f4de164642069a4ed410121e8d62c.gif

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Maria Zhoreva again, am obsessed with how dainty and ethereal she seems in this video, and her arms are perfection in the photo :luv:

B044B4D1-89AA-44C3-A884-5FB33A9AB095.jpeg

• Jizztastic