These shoes?

Discussion in 'Shoes' started by classichic, Jan 27, 2012.

1. classichic

classichic SkinnyGossip Royal

I brought wedge type boots from online and they look really nice but they are not as round at the front as I would have liked, bit more narrow :meh: I would have worn them during the day, you know running errands, shopping, cafes etc. Or is it too much as a day shoe? I normally don't really dress up but thought I could add a bit more style to my wardrope. Also, these are my first wedge type shoe.
    Should I keep them or return? Or should I buy the second one which is in a suede and much more pricey. Suede is my usual go to but I thought the first one would look better with skinny jeans. What do you think yes keep them or no return? :hm:

Thanks a bunch for reading
    http://www.houseoffraser.co.uk/Office+Nibble+Wedge/161723167,default,pd.html

http://www.kurtgeiger.com/silas-4.html

2. TinyEmma

TinyEmma Guest

Return the first ones and buy the suede ones. The suede ones are seriously cute!

3. Ice

Ice Guest

They are both basic black wedges, so I would just go with the cheaper one.

I usually buy more busy footwear (like polka dots, lace or with tassels because tassels are really hot right now).... so to me a basic is just a basic.

The suede one does appear to have a higher platform under the toe box, but it's still not that high, so I consider them both similar.

As far as the leather look or a suede look, I prefer black with the shine of leather. The color brown I prefer in suede.

4. KatPanic

KatPanic Guest

I'm not a fan of the top edge around the ankle on the first pair, and I like wedges to have some height under the toe, not just the heel.

The second pair are really nice but not sure about the suede...

Hmm...

5. fels

fels Rising Star

The top of the first pair isn't working for me either.

If you're looking for heeled black boots you can get some lovely comfy ones from topshop at the moment and they're not that expensive. John Lewis have some carvela boots in the sale too.

6. StarvingSlut

StarvingSlut VIP - Model
    VIP

totaly agree with TinyEmma - swap them for the suedes, they are great!

7. bingeonvogue

bingeonvogue Moderator
    Staff Member

8. Peonies

Peonies Rising Star

• Like Like x 1
  9. vie

vie SuperStar

Depending on how/with what you style them, they might be cute! I'm not a fan of mule/loafer/clog styles with flat soles for women in general, though.

• Like Like x 1
  10. chicbones

chicbones Grand Dame

Really love the black ones but I'm not 100% sure about the brown ones - it could just be that personally I wear more black/colours that go with black than brown. Whichever ones you choose I'm sure they'll look great on you :flower:

• Like Like x 2
  11. Ally

Ally Community Duchess

• Like Like x 2
  12. ScorpioScorpio

ScorpioScorpio SuperStar

Just curious, what would you be wearing these with?

I say no way. But they're not my style at all.

• Like Like x 2
  13. pterodactyl

pterodactyl Grand Dame

My 2 cents. Save those for when your foot cannot fit in other shoes....as in 40years from now. (I think that kind of money can be spent on more interesting shoes for your age. Nothing wrong with those shoes, but if I was gonna buy some pimping shoes with a few hundred it wouldn't be those.)

Then again, these are the not that expensive but not cheap nor overly practical pair of shoes I WANT. But generally I only like 2.5 inches, 3" max otherwise a bit painful after a long day...and let's not take that out of context.

#13 pterodactyl, Apr 22, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  14. oferta

oferta Community Duchess

If you go for them, always black.

I think my grandpa had similar shoes. He would buy them for 30€. :D

I am curious too where you would go out with them. Too overpriced ( for that money I could fly to Phuket for a holiday week) for at-home shoes and a 'behind a deskjob' and walking faster could be problematic too.

• Like Like x 1
  15. camille

camille Worker Bee

I actually love these, if it was for me, I would def go for black, but I think brown can look good too if you style it well!
    Some inspo: (I couldn't really find brown ones, sorry, but in general I really like how these mules contribute to some outfits)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Or if you're really on the fence about them, I would say go for the regular loafers. You can't go wrong with those

• Like Like x 2
  16. clairefhjao

clairefhjao SuperStar

• Like Like x 1
  17. bingeonvogue

bingeonvogue Moderator
    Staff Member

Yes! Haha that was exactly how I was thinking of styling them, but was leaning towards brown for with dark blue skinnies. I thought they would look more casual than regular loafers just for casual uni outfits, but I think you girls are right – I think I'm just going to save it instead for a better investment later. Love you girls for being able to count on you for good taste :kiss:

• Like Like x 1
  18. Layla

Layla Grand Dame

@bingeonvogue You might like these: https://ca.everlane.com/collections/womens-shoes/products/womens-modern-babo-black They are cheaper and you can wear the heel up or down.

19. AllyKat

AllyKat Worker Bee

Another less expensive option:
    http://www.dolcevita.com/tia-flats/d/2626C9075

I was actually looking at the Gucci ones as well but decided they're more of a trendy piece. I've learned from past experience that I only buy the real thing if I'm going to wear it for 6 months or longer :)