These shoes?

classichic

Super Star
Jan 27, 2012
Somewhere
I brought wedge type boots from online and they look really nice but they are not as round at the front as I would have liked, bit more narrow :meh: I would have worn them during the day, you know running errands, shopping, cafes etc. Or is it too much as a day shoe? I normally don't really dress up but thought I could add a bit more style to my wardrope. Also, these are my first wedge type shoe.
Should I keep them or return? Or should I buy the second one which is in a suede and much more pricey. Suede is my usual go to but I thought the first one would look better with skinny jeans. What do you think yes keep them or no return? :hm:

Thanks a bunch for reading
http://www.houseoffraser.co.uk/Office+Nibble+Wedge/161723167,default,pd.html

http://www.kurtgeiger.com/silas-4.html

Return the first ones and buy the suede ones. The suede ones are seriously cute!

They are both basic black wedges, so I would just go with the cheaper one.

I usually buy more busy footwear (like polka dots, lace or with tassels because tassels are really hot right now).... so to me a basic is just a basic.

The suede one does appear to have a higher platform under the toe box, but it's still not that high, so I consider them both similar.

As far as the leather look or a suede look, I prefer black with the shine of leather. The color brown I prefer in suede.

I'm not a fan of the top edge around the ankle on the first pair, and I like wedges to have some height under the toe, not just the heel.

The second pair are really nice but not sure about the suede...

Hmm...

The top of the first pair isn't working for me either.

If you're looking for heeled black boots you can get some lovely comfy ones from topshop at the moment and they're not that expensive. John Lewis have some carvela boots in the sale too.

My 2 cents. Save those for when your foot cannot fit in other shoes....as in 40years from now. (I think that kind of money can be spent on more interesting shoes for your age. Nothing wrong with those shoes, but if I was gonna buy some pimping shoes with a few hundred it wouldn't be those.)

Then again, these are the not that expensive but not cheap nor overly practical pair of shoes I WANT. But generally I only like 2.5 inches, 3" max otherwise a bit painful after a long day...and let's not take that out of context.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
If you go for them, always black.

I think my grandpa had similar shoes. He would buy them for 30€. :D

I am curious too where you would go out with them. Too overpriced ( for that money I could fly to Phuket for a holiday week) for at-home shoes and a 'behind a deskjob' and walking faster could be problematic too.

I actually love these, if it was for me, I would def go for black, but I think brown can look good too if you style it well!
Some inspo: (I couldn't really find brown ones, sorry, but in general I really like how these mules contribute to some outfits)
main.original.600x0c.jpg

2f40050bf5229ed1de4fb5e2eb8e8670.jpg

gucci-princetown-loafers.jpg

Or if you're really on the fence about them, I would say go for the regular loafers. You can't go wrong with those

Reactions: 1 users
I actually love these, if it was for me, I would def go for black, but I think brown can look good too if you style it well!
Some inspo: (I couldn't really find brown ones, sorry, but in general I really like how these mules contribute to some outfits)
main.original.600x0c.jpg

2f40050bf5229ed1de4fb5e2eb8e8670.jpg

gucci-princetown-loafers.jpg

Or if you're really on the fence about them, I would say go for the regular loafers. You can't go wrong with those

Yes! That was exactly how I was thinking of styling them, but was leaning towards brown for with dark blue skinnies. I thought they would look more casual than regular loafers just for casual uni outfits, but I think you girls are right :kiss:

Would someone please stop me from considering to purchase an Hermès riding boot?

Perhaps by telling me that this is a bad idea? That I’ll feel just as unconfident and weird wearing them as I did in 2015 after I bought a Tory Burch pair? Or that they’ll make me seem like this 20-something-person down below who was probably gifted them together with a Birkin by her sugar-daddy?

IMG_1713.JPG

• Love
  • Funny
Reactions: 3 users