sabine

VIP - Insider
VIP
May 24, 2012
London
Signed with The Lions.

5'10"
30-23-33

So she's probably one of the better figures in the current VS line up, but I find it so strange that she's being pushed as such a commercial 'sexy' model all of a sudden..

292304-800w.jpg
Stella_Maxwell_Victoria_Secret_Fashion_Show_lQl-CCqDzTdx.jpg

It's a complete 180, up until mid last year she used to be the definition of alty, tumblr grunge model..

8_copy.jpg

23_copy.jpg

a1o80g.jpg

images_2866_1404240345_lrg.jpg

s8_007.jpg

scscd.jpg

tumblr_mavnakv_PPn1qzxuzqo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mmanp7_Wma_P1qcjjejo1_500.jpg

I get that a lot of girls change their look when things start to dry up.. but this seems like such a drastically different direction, I can't actually pull to mind any other models who have made a similar market switch. Thoughts?

Reactions: 1 users
I don't love VS but I prefered her before... maybe it's because I've seen her like this:
images

But she seems to be trying to hard for a new image, which is strange because VS supposedly pays well.

But she seems to be trying to hard for a new image, which is strange because VS supposedly pays well.

I'd say that's the main reason she's trying so hard for a new image. Better pay..

Mind you she was still doing a lot for UO and the likes when she was edgier.. but I guess even Urban can't match a VS pay check!

I've never liked her because I've always seen her as angel, in my view that role does not suit her at all. But in the grunge/tumblr way she's beautiful

I've never liked her because I've always seen her as angel, in my view that role does not suit her at all. But in the grunge/tumblr way she's beautiful
I actually agree, she looks a lot plainer with the 'sexier' styling. I feel like her features looked more accentuated and pixie like when she was more alternative. Or maybe her face shape has just changed as she's got older?

In my view her face is more or less the same, I think she just wanna be someone who she isn't and who she cannot be... She should only acts a bit more herself even if in fashion models have to be versatile(I think at least(?))

I don't mind the transformation at all. To me, she has a very "clean" look. She looks crisp. Not edgy and not at all sexy. But if it works for her, why not?

I think her dating Miley is very indicative that she is inherently NOT sexy at all. Maybe she has a girlie side, but she's not a natural bombshell type like some VS models. I wonder how she landed the gig though? Maybe she has a superb personality/work ethic? I've always thought she looked 'clean'... just not exciting.

Victoria Secret is going to jump on the atypical bandwagon, if it hasn't already. So sexuality is no surprise. Unfortunately plus-size models walking the show is already on some people's agendas. At least leave VS that.

Reactions: 1 user
I never payed attention to her, but I'm still shocked that she got a VS contract instead of Josephine...

I don't mind the transformation at all. To me, she has a very "clean" look. She looks crisp. Not edgy and not at all sexy. But if it works for her, why not?

I agree, I feel like the grunge look was her trying a little too hard to stand out. I like the pixie cut/andryogynous look though; I just feel it looks bad when she started wearing chokers/collars/weird ass cowboy boots.

What do you mean?
Like attracts like. I don't doubt she needs to work for the super girly/sexy bombshell image that VS prefers (which is fine - a job is a job). The alt grunge look seems more natural for her, but whatever pays. :)

Like attracts like. I don't doubt she needs to work for the super girly/sexy bombshell image that VS prefers (which is fine - a job is a job). The alt grunge look seems more natural for her, but whatever pays. :)
I think that's pretty objective. First it was opposites attract, so now it's two people alike haha? I don't think someone else's spouse should affect their own image THAT much, especially for the famous. And that photo isn't doing any good.

I definitely understand what you mean. I think her face is too conventionally "pretty" for true high fashion. It's become just like every other VS blonde bombshell.

I think that's pretty objective. First it was opposites attract, so now it's two people alike haha? I don't think someone else's spouse should affect their own image THAT much, especially for the famous. And that photo isn't doing any good.

I definitely understand what you mean. I think her face is too conventionally "pretty" for true high fashion. It's become just like every other VS blonde bombshell.

People are generally attracted to those who share something in common with them.

Miley is somehow somewhere between spoiled rich girl and trashy party whore, and I don't know what that says about Stella.

(For the record, I appreciate the shit out of Miley just doing Miley, but I wouldn't hang out with her. And Stella's pretty.)

I know what you're saying haha. I was stating how you either hear like attracts like or opposites attracts. Either awful juxtaposition or just contradicting. That could be true. But basing off of social media and an artist's persona might not be the most accurate measure.

She is damn sexy to me. I look forward to seeing more work from her, hopefully not VS though.

post-91996-0-43661400-1440788333.jpg
post-91996-0-68475500-1440788335.jpg

i can't definetely say what i feel about her...
some shots of her are really good but on the others i can't stand her dumb face expression
tJgJpnxabno.jpg
84on7elCh8M.jpg