• You can now apply for Skinny Gossip membership online. Click here to begin.
  • We are getting a lot more membership applications than we expected. Be patient while we work through the pile. DO NOT submit a second application!!

Skinny athletic/athleisure clothes

bougainvilleas

Super Star
Can anyone speak to how Outdoor Voices fits? I’ve never tried on anything by them but I like the look of some of their stuff (although I think it’s only online?)
OV fits comfortably but is not the best for a true workout, in my opinion. I had one of these "kits" (their most well-known items) and the leggings were too thick to move around in, while the fabric was too stiff to maintain the elasticity needed for running or yoga. The top has held up well, though. They actually have a couple of stores in LA, NYC and other cities if you want to try on!

• Useful
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 users

salander

Rising Star
OV fits comfortably but is not the best for a true workout, in my opinion. I had one of these "kits" (their most well-known items) and the leggings were too thick to move around in, while the fabric was too stiff to maintain the elasticity needed for running or yoga. The top has held up well, though. They actually have a couple of stores in LA, NYC and other cities if you want to try on!
Ooh, the location they are opening in Flatiorn will be convenient - some of their tops look cute! Bummer about the leggings - I think some companies don’t really nail the “thick enough to keep you covered/thin enough you can move in them well” balance, unfortunately. It can be really hit or miss and so hard to tell what to expect on that when you order things online.

mado

Rookie
I'm really in love with alo leggings.. I've always had disproportionately long legs, so every pair becomes high waters. alo's Goddess fit is the only pair I've found that fits my waist and leg length without being oddly baggy somewhere else. I usually suffer with a lot of extra fabric at the inner thigh, but not with these. I abhor loose athletic wear.

Also I sometimes wear a binder instead of a sports bra and shirt.. I hate the feeling of a baggy top more than having no support at all. Even xs sports/ compression bras usually gap at my ribcage and children's aren't tight/ supportive enough.. This way I'm wearing one layer, I'm not gapping, and I'm not showing anything at the gym.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

salander

Rising Star
I'm really in love with alo leggings.. I've always had disproportionately long legs, so every pair becomes high waters. alo's Goddess fit is the only pair I've found that fits my waist and leg length without being oddly baggy somewhere else. I usually suffer with a lot of extra fabric at the inner thigh, but not with these. I abhor loose athletic wear.

Also I sometimes wear a binder instead of a sports bra and shirt.. I hate the feeling of a baggy top more than having no support at all. Even xs sports/ compression bras usually gap at my ribcage and children's aren't tight/ supportive enough.. This way I'm wearing one layer, I'm not gapping, and I'm not showing anything at the gym.
The Alo goddess leggings were the ones I was thinking of earlier that would be great for girls with long legs! I’m short AF but I love my pair anyway. 😂

I’ve actually worn binders a few times myself for various things, but never really thought of them as workout attire for some reason. I definitely appreciate how they smooth out my chest when I’m trying to read as more masculine, but I also don’t think most here probably think of that sort of thing too often. I like the one you linked to, mine are more crop top styled and that might be more comfortable!

lepetiteparisienne

Rising Star
My favorite brand is Alo Yoga. I wear the smallest size, XXS, which despite being surprisingly "big" and not super tight fit my measuments really well. It doesn't fit loosely or look baggy on me, which I have found that a lot of athleisure brands like Nike does. I highly recommend their Aura short and Burn short. Super comfy yet flattering :luv: As for sport bras I like their Lush bra and Sunny Strappy bra because they look really good, but I'm very flat chested so I really don't have a say in how supporting they are lol. I also have a few pieces from Victoria sport from like 2017 that still look and fit good, I really liked their quality, but I can't say how their quality is now... and their current styles are pretty hideous, so I'd just go with Alo :whistling:

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

habenula

Grand Dame
Shop explicitly for running clothes! They're made to last through constant motion/friction and they usually have a compression element that keeps them from immediately becoming baggy. I never trust "lifestyle" brands.

I've personally had a lot of success with Nike and Oiselle. Even at my LW I had a rotating cast of Nike leggings that survived high mileage in the brutal midwestern winter and somehow still remained snug.

Layla

Super Star
Shop explicitly for running clothes! They're made to last through constant motion/friction and they usually have a compression element that keeps them from immediately becoming baggy. I never trust "lifestyle" brands.

I've personally had a lot of success with Nike and Oiselle. Even at my LW I had a rotating cast of Nike leggings that survived high mileage in the brutal midwestern winter and somehow still remained snug.
Agreed, I’ve found Oiselle to be really good quality. They also make running shorts with a zippered pocket that can fit a phone and that is actually so hard to find.

I've found that lilybod has some really cute leggings too! very flattering + unique and slightly less expensive than lululemon/alo

Ludp

Rookie
I recommend ultracor, their leggings have super cute prints (love the gradient colors) and they are very comfortable for any workout, I wear the xs, and feels great, very good compression, the only downside is that they are quite expensive, but they are worth it!

hazyshadeofwinter

Community Duchess
Jo + Jax ... easy price point. Good quality... soft, flexible, breathable, comfortable, durable, fabric with great coverage... fits multiple body types well - without cutting in or creating creases, seams are smooth.
I wear an XS (5'9:32-24.5-34) but they also do an XXS.

I also like Bloch.