Scarf obsession

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Andalucia, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Andalucia

Andalucia Guest

I was doing a full scale purge of my closet this weekend and I realized I am a scarf hoarder. About 30 to be exact. When I was heavier it hid my tummy but now from September to April I wear one almost every time I go out. My absolute favorite it this red/pink/purple one my friend brought me back from Italy when she studied abroad (it was cheap but surprisingly good quality).

Do you ladies love scarves as much as I do? Or do you prefer to bare those collar bone for all to see? If so, where do you think has the best ones?

2. Xsmall

Xsmall SkinnyGossip Royal

I am a scarf hoarder as well!! I adore them :) I don't necessarily like the thin ones though, that people where without a coat. I know that sounds weird. If I do buy a thin one, I always wear it with a spring jacket. My favorites are big warm ones :)

3. pterodactyl

pterodactyl Grand Dame

I probably have 100 scarves all of different sizes & materials! They range from my Chanel & Hermes treasures, ...then some 90's BCBG, the American Apparel circle scarf thingy http://i.americanapparel.net/storefront/images/altimages/rsa2502.html
    ...and even include the magnificent 2 for 30USD pashminas available at US airports! I feel naked without a scarf! My latest purchase was even a scarf...well a snood that is!

Also I have lots of bones showing up top & NO desire to tan & age my décolletage so I wear a scarf religiously to cover up any exposed skin! Also when I travel & do not want to rest my head or face on something like a train pillow or movie theatre head-rest, I use my scarf to cover it!

And in order to justify my scarf hoarding, I argue that, hey, they do not take up too much space wahahah.

FYI I use this for my cheap scarves: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/70108912/

4. Andalucia

Andalucia Guest

5. Nala

Nala Grand Dame

I loove scarves as well :luv:
    I used to hide my double chin and tummy area with it, but now I don't need it for this purpose anymore (thank god). Now they are just pimpin' up my outfit ;)

I also noticed that I am more likely to catch a bladder infection when I'm not wearing a scarf on cold days. My urologist once told me to always keep my feet warm but I think I sould focus on my neck and décolleté... is that weird?

6. Andalucia

Andalucia Guest

No, I got them a lot more in winter as well. I wonder why?

7. Coral

Coral SkinnyGossip Royal

I love cozy big circle scarfs on cold days, but I don't care for the thin scarfs with clothes, they just over power me if I try to wear them with my wardrobe so I just wear bigger ones when it's cold with my winter coat.

8. classichic

classichic SkinnyGossip Royal

Yes, I hide my big boobies with them. But I prefer men's wooly ones. I have a dozen in various colours but I tend to just one or two.

@adalycia, she's right always try to keep your feet and hand warm to avoid Sony infections.

9. Andalucia

Andalucia Guest

I use them to hide me always present clevage as well.

Why didn't my OBGYN tell me this?! :( So many days and nights of pain that could have been avoided.

10. Celestial

Celestial Grand Dame

Scarves are lovely:luv:

Today I bought this baby pink scarf that has pockets too! I had been searching for a baby pink scarf for a while. I checked pretty much every fashion store at my local mall and online too. Sadly some online stores are mean to Canada by charging us too much for shipping.

11. PrimaPavlova

PrimaPavlova Guest

I buy scarfs sparingly seeing as I have a tendency to drape them around my room for ambiance. I do wear them from time to time, but it's awfully hot in Texas to wear something around my neck all day :eek: That being said, I find really lovely scarfs at World Market made from thin materials like cotton/linen. I just bought one yesterday out of impulse since it looked like something out of an Anthropologie catalog... also another cool place to find scarfs :)

12. Azure

Azure Guest

I'm obsessed with scarves too! Except i always wear them, not use them as decor lol. I'm never without one from October through till May!
    Thrift stores are great for gorgeous scarves but i usually stock up in istanbul <- scarf heaven!

13. grapefruit

grapefruit Guest

I absolutely LOVE scarves. I would wear one everyday if I could.

...and they're really useful for when I wear sheer shirts with my neon striped bra...:run:

14. etoile

etoile Guest

I live in Washington, so I can basically wear scarves year round! :p

15. lagamine

lagamine Rising Star

I'm obsessed with scarves- I've got light silk ones for summer, wool for winter and just about any other fabric blend for the rest of the year. Full on scarves, foulards, carrės, etc. I've a whole drawer of scarves collected over the years. People have learned that they are the best present to get me so :luv:

16. délié

délié Grand Dame

on one hand i love pretty scarves, one the other i used to wear them when i was heavier to look slimmer(don't really know why), so now i don't want to be reminded on that and i rather show of my collar bones:)
    the only scarf i wear is my grey 100% cashmere scarf, i love it for cold days:luv: