Scarf obsession

A

Andalucia

I was doing a full scale purge of my closet this weekend and I realized I am a scarf hoarder. About 30 to be exact. When I was heavier it hid my tummy but now from September to April I wear one almost every time I go out. My absolute favorite it this red/pink/purple one my friend brought me back from Italy when she studied abroad (it was cheap but surprisingly good quality).

Do you ladies love scarves as much as I do? Or do you prefer to bare those collar bone for all to see? If so, where do you think has the best ones?

I am a scarf hoarder as well!! I adore them :) I don't necessarily like the thin ones though, that people where without a coat. I know that sounds weird. If I do buy a thin one, I always wear it with a spring jacket. My favorites are big warm ones :)

I probably have 100 scarves all of different sizes & materials! They range from my Chanel & Hermes treasures, ...then some 90's BCBG, the American Apparel circle scarf thingy http://i.americanapparel.net/storefront/images/altimages/rsa2502.html
...and even include the magnificent 2 for 30USD pashminas available at US airports! I feel naked without a scarf! My latest purchase was even a scarf...well a snood that is!

Also I have lots of bones showing up top & NO desire to tan & age my décolletage so I wear a scarf religiously to cover up any exposed skin! Also when I travel & do not want to rest my head or face on something like a train pillow or movie theatre head-rest, I use my scarf to cover it!

And in order to justify my scarf hoarding, I argue that, hey, they do not take up too much space wahahah.

FYI I use this for my cheap scarves: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/70108912/

I loove scarves as well :luv:
I used to hide my double chin and tummy area with it, but now I don't need it for this purpose anymore (thank god). Now they are just pimpin' up my outfit ;)

I also noticed that I am more likely to catch a bladder infection when I'm not wearing a scarf on cold days. My urologist once told me to always keep my feet warm but I think I sould focus on my neck and décolleté... is that weird?

I loove scarves as well :luv:
I used to hide my double chin and tummy area with it, but now I don't need it for this purpose anymore (thank god). Now they are just pimpin' up my outfit ;)

I also noticed that I am more likely to catch a bladder infection when I'm not wearing a scarf on cold days. My urologist once told me to always keep my feet warm but I think I sould focus on my neck and décolleté... is that weird?

No, I got them a lot more in winter as well. I wonder why?

I love cozy big circle scarfs on cold days, but I don't care for the thin scarfs with clothes, they just over power me if I try to wear them with my wardrobe so I just wear bigger ones when it's cold with my winter coat.

Yes, I hide my big boobies with them. But I prefer men's wooly ones. I have a dozen in various colours but I tend to just one or two.

@adalycia, she's right always try to keep your feet and hand warm to avoid Sony infections.

Yes, I hide my big boobies with them. But I prefer men's wooly ones. I have a dozen in various colours but I tend to just one or two.

@adalycia, she's right always try to keep your feet and hand warm to avoid Sony infections.

I use them to hide me always present clevage as well.

Why didn't my OBGYN tell me this?! :( So many days and nights of pain that could have been avoided.

Scarves are lovely:luv:

Today I bought this baby pink scarf that has pockets too! I had been searching for a baby pink scarf for a while. I checked pretty much every fashion store at my local mall and online too. Sadly some online stores are mean to Canada by charging us too much for shipping.

I buy scarfs sparingly seeing as I have a tendency to drape them around my room for ambiance. I do wear them from time to time, but it's awfully hot in Texas to wear something around my neck all day :eek: That being said, I find really lovely scarfs at World Market made from thin materials like cotton/linen. I just bought one yesterday out of impulse since it looked like something out of an Anthropologie catalog... also another cool place to find scarfs :)

I'm obsessed with scarves too! Except i always wear them, not use them as decor lol. I'm never without one from October through till May!
Thrift stores are great for gorgeous scarves but i usually stock up in istanbul <- scarf heaven!

I absolutely LOVE scarves. I would wear one everyday if I could.

...and they're really useful for when I wear sheer shirts with my neon striped bra...:run:

I live in Washington, so I can basically wear scarves year round! :p

I'm obsessed with scarves- I've got light silk ones for summer, wool for winter and just about any other fabric blend for the rest of the year. Full on scarves, foulards, carrės, etc. I've a whole drawer of scarves collected over the years. People have learned that they are the best present to get me so :luv:

on one hand i love pretty scarves, one the other i used to wear them when i was heavier to look slimmer(don't really know why), so now i don't want to be reminded on that and i rather show of my collar bones:)
the only scarf i wear is my grey 100% cashmere scarf, i love it for cold days:luv: