• You can now apply for Skinny Gossip membership online. Click here to begin.
  • We are getting a lot more membership applications than we expected. Be patient while we work through the pile. DO NOT submit a second application!!

Purses/Wallets?

classichic

Super Star
Reaction score
So gurls, my purse is falling apart and considering I've a made a tiny bit of weight loss progress and the sales around the corner, I thought I'd treat myself to a lovely new purse or wallet. Anyone know which brands are good to get? Or anyone have an eye on a certain one? Basically any ideas are welcomed :)

H

Hypatia

So gurls, my purse is falling apart and considering I've a made a tiny bit of weight loss progress and the sales around the corner, I thought I'd treat myself to a lovely new purse or wallet. Anyone know which brands are good to get? Or anyone have an eye on a certain one? Basically any ideas are welcomed :)
Have a budget or sky's the limit?

Xsmall

Super Star
Reaction score
MICHAEL KORS.
If you don't want to spend that much "hobo" is another low cost favorite. They have really nice wallets and range around $60-70.
If you really want to treat yourself though, Michael Kors is the way to go :)
I've been eyeing the MK black snake skin iPhone wallet :luv:

H

Hypatia

I prefer to have something a little different that is very structured and I am a cheap ass when it comes to bags. I tend to keep going back to Brahmin because they are very structured and about $200-300.

I don't know anything about high end bags. I only bought my first big girl bag in my 30s :oops:

classichic

Super Star
Reaction score
I prefer to have something a little different that is very structured and I am a cheap ass when it comes to bags. I tend to keep going back to Brahmin because they are very structured and about $200-300.

I don't know anything about high end bags. I only bought my first big girl bag in my 30s :oops:
They have some really nice range but I don't think I can get them in the UK and they don't ship internationally :(.

Nala

Rookie
Reaction score
For wallets I always rely on Fossil, but I guess it's a german brand. But maybe they are available at some airports. I love their wallets because they last so long and the smell :luv: ahh, I love the smell of real leather (sorry to alle vegans here!).

This is mine: http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Fossil-Long-Live-Vintage-Reissue-clutch-Camel-leather-wallet-your-purse-/00/s/MTA2NlgxNjAw/$(KGrHqJHJBYE9uJLnmy4BPiiUq)ODg~~60_57.JPG

classichic

Super Star
Reaction score
For wallets I always rely on Fossil, but I guess it's a german brand. But maybe they are available at some airports. I love their wallets because they last so long and the smell :luv: ahh, I love the smell of real leather (sorry to alle vegans here!).

This is mine: http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Fossil-Long-Live-Vintage-Reissue-clutch-Camel-leather-wallet-your-purse-/00/s/MTA2NlgxNjAw/$(KGrHqJHJBYE9uJLnmy4BPiiUq)ODg~~60_57.JPG
Did not know that Fossil was German. I have a Fossil messenger bag. Although I do love their stuff, I want a different brand, I know it's silly. I'm trying to increase my collection of different branded goods I own. :p

p.s. For anyone interested you can get them in the UK, I think there are a few stores in London, one in Covent Garden, one next to House of Fraser on Oxford st (or somewhere along that side). I think John Lewis also stock their stuff.

Nala

Rookie
Reaction score
Uhm apparently i was wrong. Its not german. Just checked it again. Sorry:oops:

anya

Rookie
Reaction score
My boyfriend bought me a coach bag about a year and a half ago. Just a plain one. I'm not big on loud tacky labels or designs. Ive used it consistantly and I'm rough on my bags. The things was built well. Not a tear or a string or hole. Again I'm not big on brand names but this thing was built to last. Worth the extra money.

Allie

Worker Bee
Reaction score
I got the best Coach wallet when I was in Cali. It is super convenient since it can double as a small purse/wristlet (it has a wrist strap) which means I can pull it out of my purse and carry it around with me whenever I don't feel like taking my full purse.

Very similar in style to this:

I am seriously in love with it, since it's large and can hold all my millions of shits (aka cards).