Olivia Rodrigo

Please, she looks amazing. Sick of people telling every skinny person to “get help” or “go eat a burger” 😡 Besides, can’t people just appreciate her art? She’s 18 and just debuted with a record-breaking album. Why is society is so obsessed with bringing people down.

Please, she looks amazing. Sick of people telling every skinny person to “get help” or “go eat a burger” 😡 Besides, can’t people just appreciate her art? She’s 18 and just debuted with a record-breaking album. Why is society is so obsessed with bringing people down.
Because people are by and large fat and jealous, especially American women (41.9% of all American women are obese). To quote a famous 4chan text post; "when a [fat] woman sees an ideal woman, she makes a tumblr about how that ideal is not real, or not what men want, or a crazy obsessed person who hates themselves etc... [They] complain that there is a mountain to climb, and declare wherever they are to be the new mountaintop."

Full disclosure, the original 4 chan post is very anti-woman (unsurprisingly); I have repurposed the message to fit the narrative I am trying to convey. Don't @ me saying I missed the point of the original post, I know and I did that on purpose.

• Agree
Reactions: 6 users
She’s getting body shamed already, people really need to mind their business. You really can’t win if you’re a female celebrity.

She doesn't look "frail", "unhealthy", "anorexic" or "sick" AT ALL. Are these people all just jealous? Or Americans in denial that most of them are fat?

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users
She doesn't look "frail", "unhealthy", "anorexic" or "sick" AT ALL. Are these people all just jealous? Or Americans in denial that most of them are fat?
1623344926024.png

Definitely the latter case.

View attachment 104059
Definitely the latter case.
People (*cough* Americans *cough*) have lost sight of what a normal healthy teenager looks like, it’s insane. I want more Olivias and no more fucking Lizzos. I for one welcome the skinny pop girl Renaissance, cry into your ice cream fatties. I’m especially mad at this when her lyrics mention how she looks at these impossibly proportioned looking women on social media that have been trending for the past few years and she feels inadequate.

Leave the girl alone and go channel your insecurities into some cardio please.

• Agree
Reactions: 10 users
EEBF9B11-95C1-435A-931D-B4912C165993.jpeg

Olivia promoting her concert movie premiering Tuesday on YouTube.
F8364E1B-3F1E-4727-837F-46C1687277D5.jpeg

Reactions: 12 users
I hate to make my first post in a moment a zesty contrarian take (actually, no I don't :meh:)

but seeing "bodyshaming" "why are people so mean" rhetoric on this forum is particularly rich even when it swings in the community's favored direction.

Being pro (or anti) public scrutiny is a two way street ; )

• Funny
Reactions: 2 users
I hate to make my first post in a moment a zesty contrarian take (actually, no I don't :meh:)

but seeing "bodyshaming" "why are people so mean" rhetoric on this forum is particularly rich even when it swings in the community's favored direction.

Being pro (or anti) public scrutiny is a two way street ; )
You're not wrong.. Personally I'm aware that I'm a bit of a hypocrite because I think it's funny to mock people behind their backs, but pathetic to comment "Hey anorexic bitch" or "MOOO fatty" (just improvising here) on someone you don't know's posts. What's the golden rule again? Do unto others as you would have them do unto you, unless they're not listening in which case you can call them a fat cunt?
QHXP.gif

• Funny
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
I really really really don't get the hype- music, image, and body-wise. Sorry guys 🤷‍♀️
I personally think her songs/image are very boring and nothing special at all. I disagree with you about her body tho. I think we are all more-so glad to see a thin pop girl in the mainstream amongst a sea of average and chubby celebrities. She’s a deviation from the norm in that respect and it’s refreshing.

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users
I think we are all more-so glad to see a thin pop girl in the mainstream amongst a sea of average and chubby celebrities. She’s a deviation from the norm in that respect and it’s refreshing.
Taylor Swift also had a good body for a pop star in her heyday, but anyone who posts her as thinspo here would get laughed off of the site. Better than average isn't worth updating her thread every time she posts a new IG photo, imo, especially when the music isn't good and her "looks" are so basic it causes physical pain lol. Maybe I could be more charitable if her image was more interesting, like with Grimes or even Rico Nasty (although I think she has gained recently), idk.

• Agree
Reactions: 10 users
I couldn’t agree more with what you’ve said @proseccoprincess
Not only does it annoy me, hearing her music being played in every single store I'm going to, since it couldn't sound more auto tuned and mainstream. Yes, she is skinny but does that really justify everything she is doing including her music and overall appearance? IMO, looking up to someone in a thinspiration way comes with seeing how hard the person is working in order to sustain her figure, talking care of her health, being educated or at least providing their audience with something deeper than just quirky outfit pictures. For example Kaia ,despite her weight gain, she at least doesn't come off as bland as Olivia in my eyes and seems somewhat more articulate and well read.
Olivia's age doesn't bother me at all, as it is always possible to learn or admire someone who is younger than yourself, if there's a given factor to do so.
If we're starting to praise every single girl or women who is semi or natural skinny, then where are our authentic Skinny Gossip believes end up?

• Agree
Personally, I have a soft spot for her since I do like her body (for a singer) and I think her songwriting is honestly pretty solid for a 16-18-year-old - I think it heavily leans into the "romanticise your life and act like you're the main character in a coming of age movie" niche of music that TikTok has been popularising at the moment. Not exactly groundbreaking but I (and most 20-something-year-olds that I know) can enjoy some of it without cringing which is impressive considering her age. I'm also not going to fault her for having too much of a "mainstream" image since she is, after all, 18 and a pop-star and not claiming to be anything more (ahem, Lana Del Ray as a spokesperson for all women or whatever bullshit she was on about).

However, I don't think that every insta post of hers needs to be posted here - the prom photos are honestly pretty unflattering for the most part - but I do also think that it's good that we have a positive thread on her here because every other section on the internet that I've seen discussing her is incessantly screeching about she probably has an ED, or is too skinny, or is an unhealthy influence, or body-checks too much blah blah blah.

That's just my 2c and feel free to disagree, I just don't see the harm in having a thread on her even if she is "boring" to some users here. She's still young and developing as a person and an artist and I'd like to hope is a little signal of the tide of mainstream standards swinging back to skinnier as well.

• Agree
Reactions: 14 users
I LOVE Olivia Rodrigo. She’s a great person to look up to because her thinness seems to come naturally with her veganism and probably a regular workout routine. Her music’s also so good for being only eighteen!

• Eye Roll
Reactions: 6 users