NEDA/PostSecret ED 'secrets'

Discussion in 'Online' started by leila, Feb 28, 2013.

1. leila

leila Worker Bee

So this week is apparently National Eating Disorders Awareness Week here in the US, and there are some 'secrets' up on PostSecret (some similarity to those in the SG confessions thread here). What do you girls think?

[​IMG]

2. leila

leila Worker Bee

3. RoseOfSteel

RoseOfSteel Rising Star

This is exactly how I feel.

I love PostSecret, but I always need a break for a bit after going through them!

4. leila

leila Worker Bee

its true....honesty (even in small doses) is tough going and gets painful fast :(

5. ZeroDiet

ZeroDiet SkinnyGossip Royal

Maybe I'm not as bad as I once was but this didn't affect me too much this year. My heart goes out to everyone still struggling. I hope you can find peace and what it takes to push through :flower:

My bf msg'd about it tho. He was like, "Did you see the new PS? You're a do and lots of dos just like you :hmm:" (we call other dodo as in dodo bird as a sign of affection... whenever we do something dumb :p)

6. Liz

Liz Rising Star

I know this. Whenever things go wrong in my life or people hurt me I think, at least I can starve myself. This is the one thing nobody can take from me. And after a day or two of starving I feel so much stronger, like 'I don't need anybody, I have myself and my willpower'... :( Stupid, I know, but sometimes it's the only thing that I can find comfort in.

7. leila

leila Worker Bee

Thats great to hear! It was quite triggering for me, but I'd say the SG confessions (being more specific and less 'generic ED cliche' are more triggering).

You are definitely not alone here, its strange how I can read about things like this, logically reason it out, have an argument with myself and win the argument, and yet still, that little voice (often the most subtle whisper) remains in my head, the one that says-'starve and you will feel better, another 5 lbs and things will be better', it really defies explanation, for me anyway.

8. No One

No One Anonymous VIPs
    VIP

I submitted one of these.

9. leila

leila Worker Bee

Wow! I suppose its too much to ask which one of course....but I'm sorry that you are struggling :(

10. Babydoll

Babydoll Guest

I'm so sorry to hear this :(

11. No One

No One Anonymous VIPs
    VIP

Thanks. It was years ago. I am doing much better now. xx

12. leila

leila Worker Bee

:highfive:

13. Babydoll

Babydoll Guest