NEDA/PostSecret ED 'secrets'

leila

Worker Bee
Jan 22, 2012
So this week is apparently National Eating Disorders Awareness Week here in the US, and there are some 'secrets' up on PostSecret (some similarity to those in the SG confessions thread here). What do you girls think?

cupcake.jpg

Maybe I'm not as bad as I once was but this didn't affect me too much this year. My heart goes out to everyone still struggling. I hope you can find peace and what it takes to push through :flower:

My bf msg'd about it tho. He was like, "Did you see the new PS? You're a do and lots of dos just like you :hmm:" (we call other dodo as in dodo bird as a sign of affection... whenever we do something dumb :p)

I know this. Whenever things go wrong in my life or people hurt me I think, at least I can starve myself. This is the one thing nobody can take from me. And after a day or two of starving I feel so much stronger, like 'I don't need anybody, I have myself and my willpower'... :( Stupid, I know, but sometimes it's the only thing that I can find comfort in.

Maybe I'm not as bad as I once was but this didn't affect me too much this year. My heart goes out to everyone still struggling. I hope you can find peace and what it takes to push through :flower:

Thats great to hear! It was quite triggering for me, but I'd say the SG confessions (being more specific and less 'generic ED cliche' are more triggering).

I know this. Whenever things go wrong in my life or people hurt me I think, at least I can starve myself. This is the one thing nobody can take from me. And after a day or two of starving I feel so much stronger, like 'I don't need anybody, I have myself and my willpower'... :( Stupid, I know, but sometimes it's the only thing that I can find comfort in.

You are definitely not alone here, its strange how I can read about things like this, logically reason it out, have an argument with myself and win the argument, and yet still, that little voice (often the most subtle whisper) remains in my head, the one that says-'starve and you will feel better, another 5 lbs and things will be better', it really defies explanation, for me anyway.