• You can now apply for Skinny Gossip membership online. Click here to begin.
  • We are getting a lot more membership applications than we expected. Be patient while we work through the pile. DO NOT submit a second application!!

Models Who Changed Their Names

A

anna1594

Who are some models that changed their names?

Vlada Roslyakova: Born Elena Roslyakova

Agyness Deyn: Born Laura Hollins

Coco Rocha: Born Mikhaila Rocha

Erin Heatherton: Born Erin Heather Bubley

Super Star
Reaction score
Why would anyone choose to change their name to Agyness? :lol:

A

anna1594

Hanne Gaby Odiele: Born Hanne-Gaby Termote

Suzie Bird: Born Sandra Plassard

Natasha Poly: Born Natalya Polevshchikova

Charlotte Di Calypso: Born Charlotte Belliard

Super Star
Reaction score
Irina Shayk: Born Irina Shaykhlislamova

antelope

Rising Star
Reaction score
Tanya Dziahileva was born Tatiana Dyagileva

A

anna1594

Elle Macpherson: Born Eleanor Nancy Gow

Jac: Born Monika Jagaciak

Anabela Belikova: Born Anastasia Belikava

Kasia Struss: Born Katarzyna Strusińska

Ally

Rising Star
Reaction score
Lol at how most russian models cut their names so that they're actually pronounceable for others. Also, some of them don't really account for a name change for me because they're the natural abbreviated forms of their 'full' name like people would call Max (Maxim) for example. To make more sense, I'll give some examples. Lena stands for Elena. Tanya for Tatiana (so she didn't really changed hers; that's also my mom's name and although 'Tatiana' is what's written on her documents and all, everyone always called her just Tanya). Sasha is the abbreviated form of Aleksandra (go figure why, I really don't see the resemblance in this one - which is yes, Sasha's name ;)), etc.

Allie

Worker Bee
Reaction score
Also, some of them don't really account for a name change for me because they're the natural abbreviated forms of their 'full' name like people would call Max (Maxim) for example. To make more sense, I'll give some examples. Lena stands for Elena. Tanya for Tatiana (so she didn't really changed hers; that's also my mom's name and although 'Tatiana' is what's written on her documents and all, everyone always called her just Tanya). Sasha is the abbreviated form of Aleksandra.
Agreed. Same with Kasia and Katarzyna - Kasia is the pet form of that name and more commonly used in Poland than the full version (think of someone named Becky whose full name is Rebecca).

Apple

Rising Star
Reaction score
Most seem like "americanized" names or eaiser names to prounounce/remember which makes perfect sense. I thank them for this.

Agyness. Really? No. Di Calypso? Stop.

magrissima

Worker Bee
Reaction score
Why would anyone choose to change their name to Agyness? :lol:

I think it is a play on words, from Agnus Dei.

Which is a part of a catholic mass, means in latin, Lamb of God.

That is just my opinion though. But Agnes in any form comes from the Latin word for Lamb, so i find it quite beautiful.