Models Who Changed Their Names

A

anna1594

Who are some models that changed their names?

Vlada Roslyakova: Born Elena Roslyakova
l-qqXdOUxhtKwQCBSZ.jpg

Agyness Deyn: Born Laura Hollins
agyness-deyn-moussy-ad-03.jpg

Coco Rocha: Born Mikhaila Rocha
6c302foctoberwebtemplateX1.jpg

Erin Heatherton: Born Erin Heather Bubley
terry-richardson-erin-heatherton-2-405x540.jpg

Hanne Gaby Odiele: Born Hanne-Gaby Termote
Ming-Xi-Hanne-Gaby-Odiele-Vogue-China-April-2011-2.jpg

Suzie Bird: Born Sandra Plassard
Volt-07-Teaser2.jpg

Natasha Poly: Born Natalya Polevshchikova
tumblr_m92tx0Y3IG1qj0467o1_1280.jpg

Charlotte Di Calypso: Born Charlotte Belliard
who-is-charlotte-di-calypso-is-star-or-no-star-charlotte-belliard-celebrity-vote.jpg

Elle Macpherson: Born Eleanor Nancy Gow
elle_hero_186r2gp-186r2h2.jpg

Jac: Born Monika Jagaciak
monika-jagaciak-antonio-navas-for-dior-cruise-2012j.jpg

Anabela Belikova: Born Anastasia Belikava
gucci-fw-2011-anabela-belikova.jpg

Kasia Struss: Born Katarzyna Strusińska
tumblr_lh32plKPSG1qzmfnwo1_500.jpg

Lol at how most russian models cut their names so that they're actually pronounceable for others. Also, some of them don't really account for a name change for me because they're the natural abbreviated forms of their 'full' name like people would call Max (Maxim) for example. To make more sense, I'll give some examples. Lena stands for Elena. Tanya for Tatiana (so she didn't really changed hers; that's also my mom's name and although 'Tatiana' is what's written on her documents and all, everyone always called her just Tanya). Sasha is the abbreviated form of Aleksandra (go figure why, I really don't see the resemblance in this one - which is yes, Sasha's name ;)), etc.

Also, some of them don't really account for a name change for me because they're the natural abbreviated forms of their 'full' name like people would call Max (Maxim) for example. To make more sense, I'll give some examples. Lena stands for Elena. Tanya for Tatiana (so she didn't really changed hers; that's also my mom's name and although 'Tatiana' is what's written on her documents and all, everyone always called her just Tanya). Sasha is the abbreviated form of Aleksandra.

Agreed. Same with Kasia and Katarzyna - Kasia is the pet form of that name and more commonly used in Poland than the full version (think of someone named Becky whose full name is Rebecca).

Most seem like "americanized" names or eaiser names to prounounce/remember which makes perfect sense. I thank them for this.

Agyness. Really? No. Di Calypso? Stop.

Why would anyone choose to change their name to Agyness? :lol:

I think it is a play on words, from Agnus Dei.

Which is a part of a catholic mass, means in latin, Lamb of God.

That is just my opinion though. But Agnes in any form comes from the Latin word for Lamb, so i find it quite beautiful.