Models next to people...

Alessandra-Ambrosio-Brooklyn-Decker-and-Crystal-Renn-in-Bikinis.jpg

Alessandra with Crystal Renn and another plus-sized model.

dude.. thats not another plus sized model.. thats brooklyn decker. ouch.

I was watching 13 going on 30 last night and thought of this thread. The main character was upset when she was 13 because she read this magazine and wanted to grow up already.

She has this exchange with her mom:

Young Jenna Rink: I don't want to be beautiful in my own way. I want to look like these people.
Beverly Rink: Oh those aren't people honey, those are models.

I NEARLY DIED! :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :highfive:

A very motivating thread indeed. And puts things into perspective huh? ;)

Here is my contribution.

tumblr_lpbmbr7Gzg1qfyjoto1_500.jpg

when I saved this picture I remembered it was captioned "Karlie Kloss and her sister". Shows how much 'nurture' works in the making of a body than 'nature'.

Here is my contribution.

when I saved this picture I remembered it was captioned "Karlie Kloss and her sister". Shows how much 'nurture' works in the making of a body than 'nature'.

True, true! Wow those legs.....:wtf:

Here is my contribution.

I don't know... Those legs are crazy long! I think in those terms she hit the genetics jackpot!

^^^ For real. I almost feel bad for her sister--can you imagine living in that shadow? It's so tall! ;)

Yeah - despite a huge difference in body shape (width), I think the more dramatic difference is in the height. Karli's what - 5'11"? Her sister can barely be breaking 5'6". Even if her sister were thin, she'd not be the model size.

My sister and I are about the same difference in height (though both thin-ish), like 5 inches apart. My dad's two sisters are a full foot difference in height! One's 5'3", the other 6'3" !! The strange workings of genetics...

Yeah - despite a huge difference in body shape (width), I think the more dramatic difference is in the height. Karli's what - 5'11"? Her sister can barely be breaking 5'6". Even if her sister were thin, she'd not be the model size.

My sister and I are about the same difference in height (though both thin-ish), like 5 inches apart. My dad's two sisters are a full foot difference in height! One's 5'3", the other 6'3" !! The strange workings of genetics...

Karlie is nearly 6'2''- her sisters are around 5'10''

The difference in body type probably also has a lot to do with the fact that Karlie did a lot of ballet.

l love the way her thighs get smaller just before they become her bum

I didn't wish I was taller for years. Guys are so mean- at my height I have to be practically bone thin. Oh well.

What's so incredible to me in this thread is that, not only are the models significantly taller and slimmer than the people around them, they are also much better dressed. Granted, some of the photos come from backstage areas at fashion shows and designer shoots, but the ordinary, street-view candid shots are amazing : it's one thing to be born under 5'9 and still another to carry around an extra 5-10 kilos (or more), but what's truly unforgivable to me is that so many of the ordinary women are caught wearing ripped jeans, flip-flops, t-shirts with writing on them, badly-matched colors, cheap materials, sweats, ugly patterns and ill-fitting shorts.

I believe so firmly that women should take care of themselves and present themselves well, no matter their age or height or weight or anything, really. Being fat must be humbling; but being badly dressed and poorly-groomed should be humiliating.

Reactions: 1 user