Models By Relation

Do you mind models who are only signed because of who they are related to?

• Total voters
Agree, when she was super skinny and only slightly quirky (2010 to early 2012, I think?) I didn't mind her at all. But she went downhill very fast.
She always struck a nerve with me because she became what I expected Bambi to be, but for no good reason!!! Except her family. And then Bambi went downhill as she got older

Lindsay Lohan's brother, Dakota Wyatt Lohan signed with IMG.

Source: dinalohan instagram
0RC74Yu.png

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...ody-signs-modeling-deal-img-article-1.2563640

When all these models by relation go into their agencies and get measured and their height taken, do they not get extremely embarrassed? Hell, when I was chubbier (not even overweight) I used to get embarrassed getting weighed at the doctor's so I can't imagine what they feel like when an industry professional who is used to sample sized models takes their hip measurement and it's 38.

"As for how turning the runway into a LOVE Magazine editorial achieves this in any meaningful and/or sustainable way: It likely does not. Better yet, as for how Miu Miu plans to translate its models’ “combined Instagram following of 87 million” into actual sales – something it is very much in need of – is another matter entirely. And this all assumes that the Miu Miu customer will be enticed (and not be deterred) by the brand’s new press-hungry direction. Note: according to reports, not everyone is pleased with the influx of social media models in the runway. To be frank, it felt like a cheap marketing ploy, one that I thought Miuccia – a true visionary and creative leader in the industry – was echelons above. Even the greats have weak seasons, I suppose."

Damn this is fantastically said (so glad it's public!!), but quite depressing

Reactions: 3 users
lol i regularly see guys 10 times more interesting and/or good looking than he is in my university and it's not known to be a "hot school"
I would describe him as.. not bad looking, but quite boring. Which is not what you want to hear as a "model"

Reactions: 1 user
The Lohans have been irrelevant for years. I understood the Cameron Dallas, Kaia Gerber, etc because they are definitely moneymakers and IMG gets that cut where they appear, but nobody wants to capitalize on having a Lohan in their campaigns, or magazine features like they have with Cameron. As for Dakota personally, he's not ugly, but he's not particularly good-looking either. I think he's probably not going to book anything and will end up being a waste of money.

Is IMG really that desperate that they're selling out for cash???? I feel like their development board has become a joke in an impressively short amount of time.

I think he's probably not going to book anything and will end up being a waste of money.

Is IMG really that desperate that they're selling out for cash???? I feel like their development board has become a joke in an impressively short amount of time.

:orly:

You don't understand what you're talking about but I'm glad you're having fun.

Reactions: 5 users
@Artemis What I'm trying to say is that the money they spent on test shoots, cards, book etc for the Lohan kid won't really get a return. And half of their development board is celebrity children and WLYG girls.

When all these models by relation go into their agencies and get measured and their height taken, do they not get extremely embarrassed? Hell, when I was chubbier (not even overweight) I used to get embarrassed getting weighed at the doctor's so I can't imagine what they feel like when an industry professional who is used to sample sized models takes their hip measurement and it's 38.

You're expecting them to have a sense of decency or shame like you (or most of us) would. They have none, they were not raised with the ability to be embarrassed.

Reactions: 3 users
@Artemis What I'm trying to say is that the money they spent on test shoots, cards, book etc for the Lohan kid won't really get a return. And half of their development board is celebrity children and WLYG girls.
:slinkout:
Honey, the model pays for the test shoots, they're billed to our accounts--so are all of our travel/hotels/apartments UNLESS the client pays for it. An agency's investment is mostly time and effort. Models can be in huge debt to their agencies.

Reactions: 6 users
:slinkout:
Honey, the model pays for the test shoots, they're billed to our accounts--so are all of our travel/hotels/apartments UNLESS the client pays for it. An agency's investment is mostly time and effort. Models can be in huge debt to their agencies.

For some reason I was under the impression that the "big names" (i.e. celebrity children) don't pay for anything.

OT but I'm so offended by viners making it ''big'', they're so repulsive to me, that whole gang. The power of being an average, straight white boy I guess....

Reactions: 6 users

I mean, at its bare bones, modeling's a business. Signing all these people is garnering media attention, and even this thread has been one of the top viewed threads on SG, a place where all of these models are considered "bad" "unqualified" "fat" etc etc. , for a few weeks now.
People care about these kids they're signing, so why wouldn't they capitalize on that?