Models: Before & After Weight Gain (or Loss)

I actually find it quite plausible. It's probably 550kcal or something like that, and I doubt she'll be eating a lot later in the day if it's during shows. I used to eat a breakfast like this when I was younger. Plus she's a dancer; she probably rips through calories really fast. It's just not that great health-wise.

That's a fair point. If she doesn't have time or the opportunity much in the way of lunch then it would make sense to 'load up' a bit on breakfast. But, yeah, I still can think of way better things to have for 550 cals in the morning, especially if she's maintaining a weight lower than her body would naturally have her be.

Kat Hessen

Resort 2012
00190m.jpg

F/W 2014.15
4xW3U9El.jpg

DIO_0966.450x675.JPG

Stephanie Shiu

2006-2008
10.jpg
TOIMG_00010.jpg

NYIMG_00008.jpg
TOIMG_00054.jpg

2012 - switch to plus size

2014 - no longer plus size
0qQIAX6.jpg

isNgHO0.jpg

t24ZUav.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Exactly what I was going to post.
That is intense and in such a short period of time.
I wonder how much her mindset changed during those years.

That looks like some disordered eating right there. I hope the disordered eating was during the heavier phase rather than her skinnier phases, for her sake.

Source: tFS
vy6vD3w.png

She discusses her size here from 3:20

interesting. So I guess she's naturally just a normal average size now that's she's reached adulthood, but she's suddenly decided she was willing to become extra restrictive to get back into the high fashion game. I'm inspired to see that such a change can occur when obviously not naturally skinny anymore but part of me is sort of sad for her because she's probably beating herself up constantly. I don't think it could be much fun being a runway model in a situation where you're naturally about 40lbs heavier than you need to be to get work.

I was not sure where to post this.....

Lolz that's ridiculous - the sad classical music playing in the background, the tears, the dramatic photos of boney models. First of all, Adelaide's face is just as much of a problem as her arms and legs. She has a face like a dropped pie. Secondly, if she's that size when she's 16 then she's obviously only going to be bigger when she's 18, and that's not a great prospect when modelling. Thirdly, she looks altogether soft, like a marshmallow. Fourthly, she's a cry baby. Fifthly, she needs to realise that only a tiny proportion of the world are genetically right for runway modelling and you don't need to go running to the tabloid press just because you're not one of them.

As for the whole BMI bollocks with the voiceover saying how underweight Adelaide is with a BMI of 16.1 -- the BMI system is meant for ADULTS. It is not accurate for those under 18 and so that point is totally invalid. It is also less accurate for those who are particularly tall or short, for those with a high muscle mass, for those who aren't Caucasian.... and so on. It's a flawed system but it's the best we have so that's why the health profession continues to use it as a basic rule of thumb. In short, the political agenda of that newstory is so obvious it makes bloody Michael Moore look objective by comparison.

p.s. good find though @MickeyMouse and thanks for posting -- it's definitely sated my inner bitch for the day ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Valery Kaufman has had an impressive weight loss.

BEFORE

00170fullscreen.jpg

(DKNY S/S 2012)
00210h.jpg

And now...

_ON_0041.450x675.JPG

7eLw1yyU.jpg

P9NkXcz.jpg

tumblr_mbx6jwXAWF1qzwj70o1_r2_500.jpg

Her legs are looking mighty fine.

Valery Kaufman has had an impressive weight loss.
Her legs are looking mighty fine.

That's amazing! Sometimes when muscular girls lose weight they look scrawny, but Valery Kaufman looks dainty and skinny in those pictures! :) Anyone can look great skinny :)

I was not sure where to post this.....

OMG pathetic. For starters, the agency is shit and the owner doesn't appear to have half a brain to string a sentence together - the general public who have no idea of the ins and outs of the fashion industry are going to see the sensationalized shit and run for their pitchforks. I bet every respectable agency owner in Australia who saw this winced and died a little inside. Secondly, if this is how she reacts to the first bit of criticism she receives, how the hell does she expect to handle a career of it. Thanks for sharing @MickeyMouse, I feel like some of the pent up aggression I've been harboring has been released haha.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh my that video girl is MUSHY. Even if she was TONER she would have better measurements.

That "agency" probably told her she was fat b/c it was kinder than saying she looks like she has mushy Mischa Barton's dumpy body but without Mischa's formerly pretty face.....

Also there is something weird about her proportions, weight, or hieght in general. Maybe she has a long torso b/c at 183cm (even at that weight!) she should honestly look much lankier...yet she looks very stumpy....must be the extra 10kg...:nopity:

If you just look at the numbers, 54kg on 1,83 cm seems not that bad. (Her agency want her to be 44kg - I doubt that their other models weigh this) I had to watch the video because I thought with those numbers you are pretty slim looking. She looks like the typical skinny fat very tall girl, who needs her tears drying and starting to find a way to drop weight and getting up her ass to the gym. She looks undefined. Especially her arms. I do think once she has a more delicate body and cheekbones showing, she still can find an agency.

People need to remember that different weights work on different frames.
54 kg may work on a larger framed girl like Constance :luv: (who would probably look sickly at 44kg) but on a small boned girl (a la Vlada:luv:) it just looks doughy.

btw no amount of weight loss would make up for that face.:wtf: