McKenna Hellam

Discussion in 'Models' started by FashionThin, Jul 9, 2017.

Tags:
  1. FashionThin

FashionThin VIP - Insider & Moderator
    Staff Member VIP

IMG

Born 2001

80-60-89

She's not that thin, and I'm not in love with her. But she is getting a lot of attention this year, and it beats talking about Hadids and similar trash.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  2. Neptune

Neptune Rookie

I really like her! I think she's getting a lot of attention because of the distinctive styling of the hair. As with Mica Arganaraz,even during shows when all the girls usually need to have the same type of hair and makeup, their hair usually stay the same;that's what makes them stand out.
    I loved her at Alexandre Vauthier f/w 2017 couture recently.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  3. gracilis

gracilis Rising Star

She's not otherworldly, but I do like her. I just...want her to look a bit more unusual. I think that'd push her into the striking category (along with some weight loss of course). An amplification of a feature or something.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  4. elle_w00ds

elle_w00ds Rising Star

I sorta kinda like McKenna? Some of her editorial work is good, some of it is meh, and although I would far prefer slimmer legs on the runway, there's still a quality to her that I find quite appealing. The androgynous styling in the shoot with Heather Gildroy suits her well, and I liked her in Vogue UK.

Also, not particularly relevant, but she looks similar to Lily Aldridge, no?

(Can't see your pictures @FashionThin, so sorry if there's overlap.)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  5. espressoenthusiast

espressoenthusiast VIP - Model
    VIP

I'm a big fan, but only when her hair is wild/curly. When it's straight, she looks a little round in the face (not sure if that's a weight thing, an age thing, or both) and not as interesting

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Diamndgrl

Diamndgrl SuperStar

She's just missing....something. Can't quite put my finger on it but her face is lacking whatever the 'it' factor is that makes you look twice.

• Like Like x 1
  7. FashionThin

Staff Member VIP

Agree - it's weight. If she dropped some, she'd have much more drama/edge and stand out more.

8. lechatnoir

lechatnoir Community Duchess

What are the red marks on her body in the 2 photos in CK underwear ?

9. Silent Night

Silent Night SkinnyGossip Royal

Do you mean on her stomach? Looks like where the waistband of her clothes was sitting.

• Like Like x 2
  10. FashionThin

Staff Member VIP

She also has marks on her neck in one pic that aren't in the other. Could be from scratching herself, like an itch. Some people get itchy when they are nervous and also flare up more than normal when they scratch. I'm one of the unlucky ones so I try not to scratch. :hyper:

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. pennytails

pennytails Rookie

I love her hooded eyes but when your face is full, everything just blends together. Adding large hair balances it out but my goodness she could be stunning with more definition.

@elle_w00ds I'm getting Lily Aldridge & Karlie Kloss from her here:

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  12. christinechina

christinechina Rising Star

Not super in love with her, but she does have an interesting look. I agree, she isn't the thinnest, but she's not as bad as some models we've seen (*cough* Cara Delevigne *cough*).

She looks a lot like Lorde in this pic, in my opinion.

[​IMG]

Like you guys said above, if she dropped she would look more striking (I think especially on her face-if she had sharper cheekbones she would pull off a really cool edgy look very well).

She looks sort of androgynous here-
    [​IMG]

I like her in this one a lot; she's got a very badass biker chick sort of vibe. Also, the lighting really emphasizes her cheekbones, which is proof that if she had more prominent cheekbones, she'd have a super interesting look!
    [​IMG]

Her stomach and xylo look pretty good in this picture!
    [​IMG]

13. Andie

Andie SuperStar

She's 16, her agency will tell her to lose weight FOR SURE! Do you for example remember how chubby and boring newbie-Karlie looked like before they told her to fix her body (ages before she balooned)? It's like non-Eastern European teenage beginner models sometimes get a grace period.

Though I have to admit to find it sad she just looks somehow interesting when her hair is curly. Good models should be able to pull of most hairstyles.

14. rosewater

rosewater Rookie

Yeah, thats what I was thinking too. Maybe its just the curly hair but she reminds me of Lorde/Ezra Miller lmao, super pretty though.

15. Seared Siren

Seared Siren Rookie

She definitely appears thinner due to the narrowness of her face.

16. bingeonvogue

bingeonvogue Moderator
    Staff Member

I really love her face, it's so distinctive, but please please please let her drop some :spazrun:

Street style from PFW Men's SS18
    [​IMG]

It might be an unflattering photo but it looks like she's going in the wrong direction :nopity:

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Mandy.Bowie

Mandy.Bowie Grand Dame

She looks like the downgrade version of Jacquelyn Jablonski. McKenna would be a stunner if she lost some weight, her body in that last pic looks too average for a model.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. lilangel

lilangel Rookie

I def think she'll have to lose weight if she wants to keep doing well?? She's also really young so her face will probably slim out a bit on its own even if she doesn't lose weight.

19. ghost

ghost Grand Dame

She stated in a Models Talk video that her plan A was to model, and her plan B is to make plan A work, so I think that she knows what she has to do to stay relevant in the industry.
    She's currently successful (imo) because she's still a newcomer, but I think that she'll eventually be told to lose if she wants to still work. That being said, I'm happy that she's doing well (she's on the hot list), she's one of my favorite new models.

• Like Like x 1
  20. IcedAmericano

IcedAmericano SuperStar

Her mother agent posted this from a few years ago, I didn't even recognize her.

• WTF WTF x 1