• You can now apply for Skinny Gossip membership online. Click here to begin.
  • We are getting a lot more membership applications than we expected. Be patient while we work through the pile. DO NOT submit a second application!!

Maartje Verhoef

IcedLatte

Rising Star
Guess my taste is different than an actual booker’s.
It's totally valid to have different taste, @elle_w00ds was just pointing out that saying you really don't see Maartje fitting VS after FT, a longtime kickass booker (and VIP) said that she currently does seemed a touch rude. It sort of implied that you were saying FT's opinion was wrong, when she's the professional here.

I think it was just your phrasing though, and it takes far more than that to ruffle FT's feathers I'm sure - unless she's had to resist the urge to throttle a model today ;)

• Love
Reactions: 5 users

FashionThin

VIP - Insider & The Boss
Staff member
VIP
I really don’t see her face/look fitting for VS, I hope she’d book more editorial rather than going the opposite direction.
Are you going to pay her rent? ;)

What a stellar idea to offer your opinion as equally valid as that of an actual booker.
:luvluv:

Everybody is welcome to their opinion but I learned when I was still an intern that even though my personal taste helps make me good at my job, it can interfere sometimes because what I like is not always what clients like. So with mid-market clients (we don't touch fast fashion or low end; I mean legit mid market, like offshoots) I sometimes have two thoughts in my head at the same time:

"OMG Maartje, those.. those... those thiiiighs!! :("

"OMG Maartje, you look purrrfect. Ed's going to fall in love with you at the casting. Just be you. You'll kill it!"

For stupid people reading this - it's just an example, I don't rep Maartje.

• Love
Reactions: 12 users

jenniex

Worker Bee
It's totally valid to have different taste, @elle_w00ds was just pointing out that saying you really don't see Maartje fitting VS after FT, a longtime kickass booker (and VIP) said that she currently does seemed a touch rude. It sort of implied that you were saying FT's opinion was wrong, when she's the professional here.

I think it was just your phrasing though, and it takes far more than that to ruffle FT's feathers I'm sure - unless she's had to resist the urge to throttle a model today ;)
Oh man, never wanted to seem like I am somehow more capable when it comes to a professional opinion!

ghost

Grand Dame
I love her waist here and I'm kinda sad that she didn't get the VS show because she doesn't seem to be dominating the runway anymore (but maybe she doesn't have to anymore). Also I wish she'd go back to a darker blonde.

Peonies

Rising Star
Think this thread deserves an update bc girlfriends been looking reaalll good and tiny! 😍😍😍

695FA622-EC9B-4034-97E2-4C7100FFDC93.jpeg5B10BB4F-6651-49CB-8EDD-AA7A0436BB5D.jpeg

Granted they’re from her insta, but I don’t think it looks shopped and I think she’s lost!

• Agree
Reactions: 13 users

ghost

Grand Dame
Zimmermann S/S 20

Vera Wang S/S 20

Proenza Schouler S/S 20

It's nice to see a former runway queen return to some bigger shows :luv:

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users