Maartje Verhoef

Guess my taste is different than an actual booker’s.

It's totally valid to have different taste, @elle_w00ds was just pointing out that saying you really don't see Maartje fitting VS after FT, a longtime kickass booker (and VIP) said that she currently does seemed a touch rude. It sort of implied that you were saying FT's opinion was wrong, when she's the professional here.

I think it was just your phrasing though, and it takes far more than that to ruffle FT's feathers I'm sure - unless she's had to resist the urge to throttle a model today ;)

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
I really don’t see her face/look fitting for VS, I hope she’d book more editorial rather than going the opposite direction.

Are you going to pay her rent? ;)

What a stellar idea to offer your opinion as equally valid as that of an actual booker.

:luvluv:

Everybody is welcome to their opinion but I learned when I was still an intern that even though my personal taste helps make me good at my job, it can interfere sometimes because what I like is not always what clients like. So with mid-market clients (we don't touch fast fashion or low end; I mean legit mid market, like offshoots) I sometimes have two thoughts in my head at the same time:

"OMG Maartje, those.. those... those thiiiighs!! :("

"OMG Maartje, you look purrrfect. Ed's going to fall in love with you at the casting. Just be you. You'll kill it!"

For stupid people reading this - it's just an example, I don't rep Maartje.

• Love
Reactions: 13 users
It's totally valid to have different taste, @elle_w00ds was just pointing out that saying you really don't see Maartje fitting VS after FT, a longtime kickass booker (and VIP) said that she currently does seemed a touch rude. It sort of implied that you were saying FT's opinion was wrong, when she's the professional here.

I think it was just your phrasing though, and it takes far more than that to ruffle FT's feathers I'm sure - unless she's had to resist the urge to throttle a model today ;)
Oh man, never wanted to seem like I am somehow more capable when it comes to a professional opinion!

I love her waist here and I'm kinda sad that she didn't get the VS show because she doesn't seem to be dominating the runway anymore (but maybe she doesn't have to anymore). Also I wish she'd go back to a darker blonde.

Maartje in Harper’s Bazaar UK November 2018
Vj8RhZ2.jpg

tYBrIM3.jpg

CCVsONj.jpg

V80DUaM.jpg

Pwxiwxh.jpg

aJTk6cl.jpg

Ehm9Xll.jpg

B2PCEn1.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
Think this thread deserves an update bc girlfriends been looking reaalll good and tiny! 😍😍😍

695FA622-EC9B-4034-97E2-4C7100FFDC93.jpeg
5B10BB4F-6651-49CB-8EDD-AA7A0436BB5D.jpeg

Granted they’re from her insta, but I don’t think it looks shopped and I think she’s lost!

• Agree
Reactions: 14 users
Zimmermann S/S 20
_ALE0939.jpg

Vera Wang S/S 20
_FIO0395.jpg

Proenza Schouler S/S 20
_ALE0149.jpg

It's nice to see a former runway queen return to some bigger shows :luv:

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
I'm loving her little runway revival

Alexandre Vauthier Couture S/S 20
1579730443168.png

Valentino Couture S/S 20
1579730475147.png

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Looking lovely as always :inluv: Her face is incredible. As a big brows girl myself, just, yes!

She shared a simple at-home workout that her trainer put together with her on IGTV— loving the making do with using cartons as weights.

Also had to share this from 2019, because those arms!

• Love
New polas from Women Milano 😍
zpIlkPY.jpg

SZhBGLy.jpg

Sportmax S/S 2021
la5QyQ8.jpg

Etro S/S 2021
dvqj5uS.jpg

Other recent work:

Zara Ebony Wood Fragrance

BOSS F/W 2020 campaign

Ballade en rêve (Numéro no. 215, August 2020)
z9kmRtI.jpg
VGJiw6X.jpg
GbwU1A7.jpg
tDnFH2Z.jpg
6mgOhC4.jpg
EylXVhm.jpg
ZcJaWh2.jpg
I7ghICt.jpg

Reactions: 4 users
New polas from Women Milano 😍
zpIlkPY.jpg

SZhBGLy.jpg

Ballade en rêve (Numéro no. 215, August 2020)
6mgOhC4.jpg
EylXVhm.jpg
ZcJaWh2.jpg

She looks OK. She's staying trim but not skinny. Her lower body has always been her problem area, and you can still see that in these. She has very "strong" thighs. Interesting they kept her quite covered up in her new polas. Her face looks great and her arms look good. The rest probably doesn't or they would have her wearing less in at least one of the digis.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
She looks OK. She's staying trim but not skinny. Her lower body has always been her problem area, and you can still see that in these. She has very "strong" thighs. Interesting they kept her quite covered up in her new polas. Her face looks great and her arms look good. The rest probably doesn't or they would have her wearing less in at least one of the digis.
I didn't even think about her thighs (was distracted by her face and upper body :facepalm: which, like you said, do look good). I found these other photos from Etro that show her legs. Although I think the camera angle is working in her favor for the second photo, I still think her calves look good considering the fact she's wearing flats.

0kwwP3X.jpg
gKe8lM2.jpg