Kristen McMenamy

Super Star
She's 45. Not really a big fan of her, but I thought the cover and editorial were pretty powerful. Knowing Vogue Italia and Meisel, it was obviously to stir up some controversy, but I really appreciate the message it conveys. One of Vogue Italia's most striking cover/ed of 2011 IMO.

S

Skinny2012

Knowing Vogue Italia and Meisel, it was obviously to stir up some controversy, but I really appreciate the message it conveys. One of Vogue Italia's most striking cover/ed of 2011 IMO.
What message? I'm sorry, but if the use older models and then photoshop them like crazy, i don't think it's much more than a publicity stunt.

I much prefer "The Naked Truth" editorial by Peter Lindbergh for German Vogue June 2012. Meisel is great but Lindberghs shots are more honest in my opinion.

Nadja Auermann by Lindbergh

Super Star
What message? I'm sorry, but if the use older models and then photoshop them like crazy, i don't think it's much more than a publicity stunt.

I much prefer "The Naked Truth" editorial by Peter Lindbergh for German Vogue June 2012. Meisel is great but Lindberghs shots are more honest in my opinion.

Nadja Auermann by Lindbergh
The message of the cover/editorial was about the tragic oil spill a few years ago, not about photoshopping old ladies to make them more beautiful. It was Meisel's interpretation of the dying, oiled animals as a result of the Deepwater Horizon explosion's environmental impact. I thought the photographs made a very strong point about a serious issue.

Reactions: 1 user
Z

zer0fat

The message of the cover/editorial was about the tragic oil spill a few years ago, not about photoshopping old ladies to make them more beautiful. It was Meisel's interpretation of the dying, oiled animals as a result of the Deepwater Horizon explosion's environmental impact. I thought the photographs made a very strong point about a serious issue.
That is the message of the cover? :confused:
I would have never guessed that. But considering how re-touched her face is she looks like a dead fish.

S

Skinny2012

Maybe I should've posted the main editorial that went with the cover:

Allright, i get your point. It is a really powerful editorial, but i think they should have taken one of the more drastic shots for the cover to make a statement.

S

Samira

Allright, i get your point. It is a really powerful editorial, but i think they should have taken one of the more drastic shots for the cover to make a statement.
Hmm. It's very powerful photography, yes ...

... but it's not exactly Vogue.

Super Star
"far far from land"
w magazine january 2013
ph: tim walker

Super Star
"love in all the wrong places"
w magazine
ph: steven klein

ghost

Grand Dame
Sorry for bumping this thread but she opened the Valentino show yesterday and looking back, I am amazed by the editorials that are posted in the earlier posts. The one by Tim Walker has been a longtime favorite of mine :luv:

Reactions: 1 user