Kristen McMenamy

Super Star
May 11, 2012
Kristen+McMenamy+by+Steven+Meisel+(Vogue+Italia+August+2010).jpg

She's 45. Not really a big fan of her, but I thought the cover and editorial were pretty powerful. Knowing Vogue Italia and Meisel, it was obviously to stir up some controversy, but I really appreciate the message it conveys. One of Vogue Italia's most striking cover/ed of 2011 IMO.

Knowing Vogue Italia and Meisel, it was obviously to stir up some controversy, but I really appreciate the message it conveys. One of Vogue Italia's most striking cover/ed of 2011 IMO.

What message? I'm sorry, but if the use older models and then photoshop them like crazy, i don't think it's much more than a publicity stunt.

I much prefer "The Naked Truth" editorial by Peter Lindbergh for German Vogue June 2012. Meisel is great but Lindberghs shots are more honest in my opinion.

Nadja Auermann by Lindbergh
Vogue_allemand_juin_2012_01_by_Peter_Lindbergh-BLOG.jpg

What message? I'm sorry, but if the use older models and then photoshop them like crazy, i don't think it's much more than a publicity stunt.

I much prefer "The Naked Truth" editorial by Peter Lindbergh for German Vogue June 2012. Meisel is great but Lindberghs shots are more honest in my opinion.

Nadja Auermann by Lindbergh
Vogue_allemand_juin_2012_01_by_Peter_Lindbergh-BLOG.jpg

The message of the cover/editorial was about the tragic oil spill a few years ago, not about photoshopping old ladies to make them more beautiful. It was Meisel's interpretation of the dying, oiled animals as a result of the Deepwater Horizon explosion's environmental impact. I thought the photographs made a very strong point about a serious issue.

Reactions: 1 user
The message of the cover/editorial was about the tragic oil spill a few years ago, not about photoshopping old ladies to make them more beautiful. It was Meisel's interpretation of the dying, oiled animals as a result of the Deepwater Horizon explosion's environmental impact. I thought the photographs made a very strong point about a serious issue.

That is the message of the cover? :confused:
I would have never guessed that. But considering how re-touched her face is she looks like a dead fish.

Maybe I should've posted the main editorial that went with the cover:

waterandoil1.jpg

waterandoil2.jpg

waterandoil3.jpg

waterandoil4.jpg

waterandoil5.jpg

waterandoil6.jpg

waterandoil7.jpg

waterandoil8.jpg

waterandoil9.jpg

waterandoil10.jpg

Allright, i get your point. It is a really powerful editorial, but i think they should have taken one of the more drastic shots for the cover to make a statement.

Allright, i get your point. It is a really powerful editorial, but i think they should have taken one of the more drastic shots for the cover to make a statement.
Hmm. It's very powerful photography, yes ...

... but it's not exactly Vogue.

Sorry for bumping this thread but she opened the Valentino show yesterday and looking back, I am amazed by the editorials that are posted in the earlier posts. The one by Tim Walker has been a longtime favorite of mine :luv:
_VAL0027.jpg

_ARC0014.jpg

Reactions: 1 user