Julia Saner

To be honest, she looked amazing at her skinniest time!

@No One That's really interesting! Really weird question though, she couldn't maintain weight because she ate a lot? Or was it just how her figure is? Or was it because she didn't put enough effort?

Modeling pinpoints the weak out, eh?

Last edited by a moderator:
To be honest, she looked amazing at her skinniest time!

I agree.

Really weird question though, she couldn't maintain weight because she ate a lot? Or was it just how her figure is? Or was it because she didn't put enough effort?

A little of everything. She was still at the later part of puberty so her hips and thighs were growing, then on top of that she was unhappy and lonely so she was eating for comfort, not pigging out but eating more than she should have, and she didn't put in as much effort because she didn't want it as badly as others.

Modeling pinpoints the weak out, eh?

Well it quickly weeds out the unserious, that's for sure.

Reactions: 1 user
I think she looked great when she was very skinny too! Especially her face was amazing!

But I do not only think that the question is if you are strong or not. It might also be that she just had other opportunities. Many models come from very poor countries with no education or access to university. (I do not mean to be offensive but thats what loads of catwalk models say themselves). So this is the only chance to make it. Julia is Swiss and she can study and do whatever she likes. So definitely she had other opportunities. She made loads of money and now saved enough to do whatever she wants.

But:
Its interesting that she had such different features. That makes me even want to loose more!

tumblr_m5720kioJQ1r0fj3bo1_500.jpg

I think she looked great when she was very skinny too! Especially her face was amazing!

But I do not only think that the question is if you are strong or not. It might also be that she just had other opportunities. Many models come from very poor countries with no education or access to university. (I do not mean to be offensive but thats what loads of catwalk models say themselves). So this is the only chance to make it. Julia is Swiss and she can study and do whatever she likes. So definitely she had other opportunities. She made loads of money and now saved enough to do whatever she wants.

She didn't make very much money.

Such a beautiful girl, it's a shame that she was so very unhappy. Yes I think she is gorgeous when she was at her skinniest, but what matters most is her happiness. I'm glad that she is doing better. I do believe though, if she kept it up.. things would be going great for her.

tumblr_loqb8p3R0G1qil9jto1_500.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
Such a beautiful girl, it's a shame that she was so very unhappy. Yes I think she is gorgeous when she was at her skinniest, but what matters most is her happiness. I'm glad that she is doing better. I do believe though, if she kept it up.. things would be going great for her.

I agree. I feel for Julia a lot more than Ali Michael :rolleyes:, Julia could have been very successful if she had really put in the effort. But I get it and respect her decision ... it's very hard, and it's not for everyone.

What a pity she was so stunning!
She's a good example of how being skinny can inhance your features, she look so much better skinny.

Seriously. She looks so homely and horsey at the higher weight. Some girls might be able to pull it off, but Julia just loses all of her edge.

I worked very very closely with Julia for a couple of years. Here's my thoughts...

First of all I don't have any sympathy for a model who gets her photo plastered everywhere. That's her job. But that little drama didn't "knock her confidence" - more like it set into motion some things for her that were going to happen anyway.

She was really, really struggling with her weight. Part of it was that her head wasn't really in it the way a girl has to be. Then this girl at her school (who hates her) took that picture and started posting it and mocking her 'fat ass and thighs' to many of her dear, personal friends on Facebook. She was of course mortified. This wasn't nameless faceless bodysnarking but going on on Facebook among circles of her close school friends.

And she was already in a pretty sad place at the time. A very shy person, she had not made many friends the way most other models do, so the extended time away from home already had her dreadfully lonely. She was quite miserable, but had been trying hard to see it through for all the obvious reasons.

She also, due to her weight, was doing quite poorly at castings, and it wasn't looking like the next season was going to be very good for her. So when she decided to take a "break" to pursue photography and maybe acting, I knew she would not return to the runway. And for Julia that was definitely the right decision. She's a smart, very sweet girl and did the right thing for her.

Now she is doing a lot better - much happier, has had a few successful exhibitions of her photography, and just got a part in a musical (Titanic) which starts later in the summer.

Selfishly, I'd love to see her rail-thin again and back on the runway, but it was not realistic and she was really just miserable.

:)

This is the picture.

gu8KpXn.jpg

she was stunningly beautiful at her skinniest :luv:
though it's nice to hear she is happier now, if her heart wasn't into it, i guess it was best that she quit.