intothegloss.com

Discussion in 'Online' started by BeautifulWay, Mar 6, 2012.

1. BeautifulWay

BeautifulWay Guest

The site focuses on beauty "from the inside", meaning inside the fashion industry. They interview (and photograph) editors, stylists, models, and break down their beauty routines and all of the products they use on a daily basis. It also takes a look at the different hair and makeup products being used backstage and on the runway.

I'm so hooked on this site, I love it. I have honestly bookmarked 12 new products that I need to buy NOW.

The editor (Emily Weiss) has a very quirky style of writing... it's fun to read and very relatable. Check it out!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Skinny2012

Skinny2012 Guest

Great site, thanks for sharing ;)

3. SatelliteEyes

SatelliteEyes Worker Bee

Oh I love this website! It got me hooked on the "french" style of beauty... Lots of skincare, but little to no makeup, casual hair, all that.

4. Rachelp

Rachelp Worker Bee

I am so obsessed with this site and I've been obsessed with glossier products since they came out. Totally dig that natural beauty is starting to replace the whole intense drag makeup thing going on. Also, I love that they take the time to interview older women, like Linda Rodin is my "old lady" icon for being classy when I get older.

5. FrançoiseEllyn

FrançoiseEllyn Grand Dame

Oh gosh I can't say enough about how much I love this website. It completely encapsulates what I think of as beauty but there's such a range people they interview. Some gossip, one of my good friends works for their site @ Glossier, and says that Emily Weiss, their founder, is extremely insecure, pretentious as hell, and has a mad eating disorder. Not to mention she was the worst on the Hills. Or maybe it was the City. Apparently she was a bit of a mark zuckerberg type and screwed over a lot of people. Besides the point, Glossier has AMAZING products and Into the Gloss is brilliant.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Katrine

Katrine Worker Bee

Okay, so I currently have 3 tabs open: SG, MFP and Into the gloss.
    I agree, I really enjoy the articles, and the site provide a really good (more natural and adult I guess) alternative to most other beauty bloggers/vloggers etc.

7. BluBla

BluBla Worker Bee

Went to school with her, can confirm.

That being said, I love ITG. Glossier products are hit or miss for me, but the blog is brilliant and almost my entire skincare routine is plucked from Top Shelves I've read.

8. thatschic

thatschic Rookie

Interesting to hear she has an eating disorder. Have wondered what her workouts and diet were like because she's really small.

9. lolitasea

lolitasea Rising Star

10. BluBla

BluBla Worker Bee

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. lolitasea

lolitasea Rising Star

12. Ellie

Ellie SkinnyGossip Royal

Actual eating disorder, or like "omg ur so skiny r u anureksix???" :meh:

She seems to fluctuate a lot. In some photos she looks really glowing and skinny, and in others she looks like mayyybe it was all just a good angle, and then that one with her hand just looks shriveled and dehydrated.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. FrançoiseEllyn

FrançoiseEllyn Grand Dame

What do you think I meant? Actual eating disorder my friend.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Ellie

Ellie SkinnyGossip Royal

Just wanted to make sure your source isn't one of those people who sees any girl with a modicum of discipline and suddenly becomes an expert diagnostician.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  15. marieebo

marieebo Grand Dame

I love ITG and her Instagram but I always thought she was a bit odd.

16. thatschic

thatschic Rookie

Does anyone know how tall she is?

I think she does look very good though. Hate to say that if she really has an eating disorder. Somehow I just wondered if she was supremely disciplined and healthy.

Shame

17. espressoenthusiast

espressoenthusiast VIP - Model
    VIP

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1