High quality but affordable basics-where to buy?

stargirl

Staff member
Arket is great for classy, simple basics like plain turtlenecks, shirts, jeans etc. It’s not “cheap” compared to some places, but isn’t that a good thing? If an item is cheap, there’s a sacrifice somewhere down the line in the form of poor quality, exploitation or overpriced delivery, for example. Arket is affordable, but not “throw all your money at several items you don’t need because you can” affordable. Might be UK only though.

Tinyportia

Grand Dame
Bassike is also great for high quality basics. Not cheap unfortunately but the quality is v good.

willow

Rookie
I recently started using Depop to find new basics as its wayy cheaper than retail price and obviously better for the planet than fast fashion! Plus it’s much easier to go through all the clothes and select your style compared to op shops where it takes hours to find one thing you kinda like. Also I find that cotton on is pretty good for basics and all the clothes I’ve got from there have lasted years (despite being cheap) but definitely not the classiest place to shop

squiggle

Rookie
I recently started using Depop to find new basics as its wayy cheaper than retail price and obviously better for the planet than fast fashion! Plus it’s much easier to go through all the clothes and select your style compared to op shops where it takes hours to find one thing you kinda like. Also I find that cotton on is pretty good for basics and all the clothes I’ve got from there have lasted years (despite being cheap) but definitely not the classiest place to shop
All my Cotton On clothes are pretty shabby quality - I find their T-shirts go transparent after three washes. Also their sizes usually don't go below a 6-8, which is a bit of a minus for me at least. Maybe it depends on the item.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users