Help! Wedding tomorrow!

Discussion in 'Clothes' started by salander, May 11, 2013.

1. salander

salander Guest

Okay ladies, as usual, I have pushed things to the last minute, and now, I've got a wedding to attend in less than 12 hours and no clue WTF I am going to wear.

It's being held at a historic courthouse, and the attire was called "cocktail chic", the wedding has a masquerade theme (apparently masks will be provided). I have no idea what "cocktail chic" is. I dress up when I am forced to do so.

Here are the options I think are possible in my closet (with bonus helpful cat being helpful), or I can try to run out and shop REALLY FAST tomorrow morning...

[​IMG]
    Red and black dress - can be worn with or without straps. I've previously paired it with black tights and black heels.

[​IMG]
    Blue strapless dress (has a black sash, not pictured) with bonus helpful Igor. I've worn this for weddings in the past, paired with black tights and heels.

[​IMG]
    Black one-shoulder dress with flower.

[​IMG]
    Teal halter dress with black mesh overlay.

[​IMG]
    Red dress with satin bust detail. Very sexy, not sure if appropriate.

[​IMG]
    Black scoop neck lace dress with handkerchief skirt.

Or do I need something else entirely? How do I accessorize any one of these?

Help?

Dress me because I can't dress myself?

2. blue

blue Rookie

first 2, then ask the husband- not cat!

cat's so cute!

3. salander

salander Guest

Thanks! The cat (his name is Igor) loves to be extremely helpful...especially when his help is not wanted/required/even remotely productive towards an end goal. He purrs the whole time, too.

4. Xsmall

Xsmall Super Star

I really love the last one! I'm a sucker for lace :) have fun!

5. jbeyes

jbeyes Rookie

loved the last 2 ones. The black is the one I would wear, but red is hot too ;) Have a great time :kiss:

Igor is gorgeous :luv:

6. Liz

Liz Rising Star

I'd also say the last one. 1) It looks really nice :) 2) making an assumption based on your posts about your everyday style I'd imagine you feel most comfortable in this one?

Have a nice party! :)

PS: Helpful Igor is super cute! :grin:

7. LadyTaylor

LadyTaylor Guest

I love that last one! The lace gives the black a more wedding-friendly feel. I would do some less intricate jewelry and some cute (maybe colorful) heels. I hope you have a great time!

8. Athena

Athena Rookie

Second one is my fave! So princess-like :luv: Actually scratch that: badass princess like once paired with that badass body of yours!

9. wanttobethin

wanttobethin Rookie

I'm useless at this sort of thing sorry :( Igor is stunning! I hope you have a fantastic time and let us know what you decided on! I'm sure whatever one it is you'll look great :kiss:

10. StarvedFatass

StarvedFatass Rookie

11. MaigreToujours

I love the second one! Oh, and Igor is just beautiful... I am a cat lover as well! Have fun!

12. salander

salander Guest

I ended up opting for the red and black dress, because it was the most comfortable for dancing. :) I wore it with black tights and heels, and felt pretty fabulous! We tore it up on the dance floor and had a great time. :)

13. Elisa

Elisa Worker Bee

great! i totally missed this thread but the red was my favourite!

igor is so cute! his face !! :luv::luv::luv::luv:
    i so want a cat, my family always had several, but now living with my bf who hates cats i can't have one.. normally i'd consider this a deal breaker :smash: