• You can now apply for Skinny Gossip membership online. Click here to begin.
  • We are getting a lot more membership applications than we expected. Be patient while we work through the pile. DO NOT submit a second application!!

Fran Summers

moins

Grand Dame
Fran update

and then photo from Coach I believe
9ztcgp0x9kb9g67xa4x74uc92.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

stargirl

Staff member
I know Edward Enniful adores her, but I’ll admit I was a little taken aback to see her make British Vogue’s “Vogue 25: the women shaping 2019”.

Even despite my distant friend-of-a-friend-of-a-friend ‘relationship’ to her (trust me when I say it’s nothing to get excited over lol), and the fact I’ve kinda followed her career from the very beginning, I really wouldn’t consider her one of the major models in fashion right now. Maybe the major British model? And that was what they were highlighting? But to me she’s nothing extraordinary and I can’t see her longevity lasting in a way that Kate Moss and Jean Shrimpton (whom she has been quite generously compared to) have done. Of course I’m happy for her— but I’d be lying if I said she didn’t seem out of place amongst the activists, politicians and industry icons on that list.

• Agree

Gulvi

Worker Bee

Okay, but I love her hair + lipstick in this shoot. She looks so effortlessly beautiful.

Reactions: 1 users

_sl1mbaby_

Worker Bee
I know Edward Enniful adores her, but I’ll admit I was a little taken aback to see her make British Vogue’s “Vogue 25: the women shaping 2019”.

Even despite my distant friend-of-a-friend-of-a-friend ‘relationship’ to her (trust me when I say it’s nothing to get excited over lol), and the fact I’ve kinda followed her career from the very beginning, I really wouldn’t consider her one of the major models in fashion right now. Maybe the major British model? And that was what they were highlighting? But to me she’s nothing extraordinary and I can’t see her longevity lasting in a way that Kate Moss and Jean Shrimpton (whom she has been quite generously compared to) have done. Of course I’m happy for her— but I’d be lying if I said she didn’t seem out of place amongst the activists, politicians and industry icons on that list.
saw Fran a few weeks ago in the Village and she was the most underwhelming model i've ever seen in person. completely bland (nothing awe inspiring about her appearance) and not thin enough to detract from how basic her features are (which im sure is great as the blank model canvas), but i really cant imagine her being highlighted as extraordinarily special in the ranks of Moss, Shrimpton, etc. if it weren't for Enniful's influence.

• Agree