• You can now apply for Skinny Gossip membership online. Click here to begin.
  • We are getting a lot more membership applications than we expected. Be patient while we work through the pile. DO NOT submit a second application!!

Edie Sedgwick

D

deirdre

She had some kind of grace about her, at least in the photoes.

antelope

Rising Star
Reaction score
bringing this thread back. i really like how quirky she was and she was another skinny from back in the day!

tumblr_m2sz4czM0H1ru8lpeo1_500.jpg

tumblr_m5l0xbpMTO1rucniao1_500.jpg

Edie_Sedgwick_1.jpg

tumblr_m2syl9vbsv1ru8lpeo1_500.jpg

Reactions: 1 person

Athena

Rookie
Reaction score
Love, Love, Love.
I got so into everything Warhol a couple years ago, and Sedgwick was my obsession <3 I read a few books about her life story ( and her oh-so-brief rise, and fall ... She had an ED throughout her short life, and of course got into all possible and imaginable drugs (those were the days!..)
Anyone saw Ciao!Manhattan ? I'm still hypnotized everytime I watch it.

Definitely not someone to look up to, still she was a true artist in her own ways- just too damaged...

Attachments

StarvedFatass

Rookie
Reaction score
Is it just me or does she look kinda like Agyness in that close-up? I love Edie :)
Yes, from my side the same. I even doubt if it's really Sedie or just look that is inspired by her. :rolleyes: But it's the only photo like that. In all other she looks so unique, in my opinion. I am a big fan of her, but still I couldn't define what type of face/appearance does she have, she is so recognizable.

O

Olivia

Wow. She is lovely, she reminds me a bit of Frida Gustavsson too. Anyone else see this?

sylphe

Worker Bee
Reaction score
You guys.. I love Edie Sedgwick. I have a beautiful biography of her with tons of photos that I will eventually scan, if anyone's interested...

Hypatia

Worker Bee
Reaction score
You guys.. I love Edie Sedgwick. I have a beautiful biography of her with tons of photos that I will eventually scan, if anyone's interested...
Can you :spazrun: :spazrun: :spazrun: We are obsessed with Edie!!! Guess how many times we've seen ciao manhattan!!!! :cool:

***ballet tights and heavy lashes all year long :D:D***

EDIT

is it the jean stein one. I've been looking every where for it!!

Last edited by a moderator:
E

ExtraShot

Can you :spazrun: :spazrun: :spazrun: We are obsessed with Edie!!! Guess how many times we've seen ciao manhattan!!!! :cool:

EDIT

would you have any idea where i can find a copy??? the best ive found of ciao manhattan is a DVD for like £60 at the very cheapest. i'd love to see it one day!

Ann

Rookie
Reaction score
I like her face better then Twiggy's both are ubber dupper cute and so skinny

Hypatia

Worker Bee
Reaction score
would you have any idea where i can find a copy??? the best ive found of ciao manhattan is a DVD for like £60 at the very cheapest. i'd love to see it one day!
I like her face better then Twiggy's both are ubber dupper cute and so skinny
---Yes I can you a pm for the full link...or you can watch it on youtube
---I agree she's much prettier than Twiggy

ANDIE

PART 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yhya0J0UxwA
...the rest are on the channel's playlist...

sylphe

Worker Bee
Reaction score

EDIT

I have both the Jean Stein book and "Girl on Fire" by Melissa Painter and David Weisman, which I think was released in response to the Factory Girl movie starring Sienna Miller. I promise I'll post some scans when I get the chance!

sabine

VIP - Insider
VIP
Reaction score
I've read the Jean Stein book and would recommend it to anyone, so incredible. It's a complete emotional hurricane in a biography, you get so wrapped up in the lifestyle, seriously, read it!

Hypatia

Worker Bee
Reaction score
I have both the Jean Stein book and "Girl on Fire" by Melissa Painter and David Weisman, which I think was released in response to the Factory Girl movie starring Sienna Miller. I promise I'll post some scans when I get the chance!
Aww that'd be lovely !!

ANDIE