• You can now apply for Skinny Gossip membership online. Click here to begin.
  • We are getting a lot more membership applications than we expected. Be patient while we work through the pile. DO NOT submit a second application!!

Edie Sedgwick

Hypatia

Worker Bee
Reaction score
I've read the Jean Stein book and would recommend it to anyone, so incredible. It's a complete emotional hurricane in a biography, you get so wrapped up in the lifestyle, seriously, read it!
Zooey's read the other book, but I haven't read any yet. I can't find them in stores so might have to just go with Amazon -though i don't want to. I've heard it's fantastic--> the book. The whole story is very tragic :(

ANDIE

ariam

Rookie
Reaction score
I've nearly finished the Jean Stein book, its really good (the family history at the beginning got boring after a while though). I found my copy fairly cheap from an amazon seller.

And I love Edie - she was so gorgeous and great inspiration for us shorter girls!

24mbc55.jpg

k4f0g7.jpg

Reactions: Stealth

Natalie

Super Star
Reaction score
I love old school skinnies :luv: I know it was pretty common in the 60's (as opposed to some other time periods when "curvy" was the norm) but it always takes my breath away to see a true skinny like her Edie!

sylphe

Worker Bee
Reaction score
The last of the first batch. There are just so many... I'll be back with more, maybe next week, if you guys want. I'm trying to just choose the ones that are harder to find online/better thinspo.

Attachments

Reactions: 1 person

dietcokediet

Super Star
Reaction score
She was lovely. But the movie (the one with Sienna Miller) ruined it for me. I cried like a baby, felt sorry for her and now I can't look at her with the same eyes.

sabine

VIP - Insider
VIP
Reaction score
I have an Edie friend, she looks like her, acts like her, has the same sylph like magnetism as her, dances like her, and is equally as drug fucked, disordered and trainwreck driven. I always associate them together, unfortunately this friend is the biggest flake I know and will screw you over again and again just to apologize in an emotional heap and somehow make you forget that she never ever changes, so that sadly ruins Edie's appeal for me a little.

Hypatia

Worker Bee
Reaction score
She was lovely. But the movie (the one with Sienna Miller) ruined it for me. I cried like a baby, felt sorry for her and now I can't look at her with the same eyes.
Oh that movie was awful!!! :superpuke: Ciao is much better, and accurate.

ANDIE

Hypatia

Worker Bee
Reaction score
I have an Edie friend, she looks like her, acts like her, has the same sylph like magnetism as her, dances like her, and is equally as drug fucked, disordered and trainwreck driven. I always associate them together, unfortunately this friend is the biggest flake I know and will screw you over again and again just to apologize in an emotional heap and somehow make you forget that she never ever changes, so that sadly ruins Edie's appeal for me a little.

Oh I get dress inspiration, and the confident magnetic

personality ...we're guilty of it :lol::lol: --->sometimes.

But why would you change your entire life to be like her ...acts, dances, does

the same things. :facepalm::wtf::facepalm:

SMH Some people are just..... :nopity:

ZOOEY

sabine

VIP - Insider
VIP
Reaction score
Oh I get dress inspiration, and the confident magnetic

personality ...we're guilty of it :lol::lol: --->sometimes.

But why would you change your entire life to be like her ...acts, dances, does

the same things. :facepalm::wtf::facepalm:

SMH Some people are just..... :nopity:

ZOOEY
It's not intentional, like she's not trying to be Edie, it's just her nature, she IS like edie.

ariam

Rookie
Reaction score
25833pd.jpg

I've seen others from that day but hadn't seen this one before

moins

Grand Dame
Reaction score
I am shocked at myself that I never contributed to this thread since I am/have been obsessed with Edie since I was a child.

Stalking through some gifs of Ciao Manhattan made me think of her thread

Reactions: amincer