• You can now apply for Skinny Gossip membership online. Click here to begin.
  • We are getting a lot more membership applications than we expected. Be patient while we work through the pile. DO NOT submit a second application!!

Drag queens!

habenula

Super Star
Reaction score
Wasn't sure where to post this, so I chose the online section! A few (?) people have mentioned starting a drag queen thread, so I thought I'd take the plunge. There are so many beautiful (and skinny!) queens that I thought I'd pay homage to some of my favorites.

1) Love of my life, Hungry. She did the makeup for Björk's new album and has a beautiful aesthetic (she's also my current profile pic).

2) Raja
https://www.instagram.com/p/2WodYBvScU/?taken-by=sutanamrull

3) Aquaria
https://www.instagram.com/p/BYtSRs3jUlX/?taken-by=ageofaquaria
https://www.instagram.com/p/BUVvgStjdQc/?taken-by=ageofaquaria

& many more! Please add!

gracilis

Grand Dame
Reaction score
I don't follow drag queens but certainly appreciate the art! It's a range, obviously, but like...curated flippancy, explosive hyper-femininity, celebrated misfit-ism...I dig it. This is an interesting topic and I'm eager to see more! :luvluv:
Also, Hungry is UNREAL.

SecretMelody17

Super Star
Reaction score
Aquaria from the current season of Drag Race is sooooooooooo inspiring to me!
She's the sexiest, most creative, and most fashion-forward contestant I've ever seen on the show.
She slays.

Golden ice

Super Star
Reaction score
I have to admit that I don't follow this or much of reality TV that much - that being said I don't personally love this body type. I'd classify it as muscly/toned on the slim side as opposed to SG skinny or ideal. I understand that people transitioning may have a hard time coming from the muscle to truly skinny, but really none of the bodies in these pictures are even within 20 lbs of what I see as ideal. Just a personal opinion though, please feel free to disagree.

FashionThin

VIP - Insider & The Boss
Staff member
VIP
Reaction score
I have to admit that I don't follow this or much of reality TV that much - that being said I don't personally love this body type. I'd classify it as muscly/toned on the slim side as opposed to SG skinny or ideal. I understand that people transitioning may have a hard time coming from the muscle to truly skinny, but really none of the bodies in these pictures are even within 20 lbs of what I see as ideal. Just a personal opinion though, please feel free to disagree.
I agree. Like I totally get it as art, but these people aren't skinny.

• Agree
Reactions: vie and Golden ice

temporally

Worker Bee
Reaction score
I’ve yet to catch up on the current season, but I recall immensely enjoying the aesthetics of Violet and Sharon. :)

Violet Chachki

BEFE4943-2A7A-44B9-B412-B3CA02DF8FE3.jpeg

Sharon Needles

E951E44D-3580-48BC-859B-0D0250D3D5B2.jpeg

SecretMelody17

Super Star
Reaction score
Gosh i love her, she is so talented:luvluv:
Also, when a episode airs she post the references of her clothing which are reaaaaally studied
If she doesn't win i quit watching rpdr for real

Ooooooooooh where does she post the references? I wanna see!!! Do you have a link to one?

Dovebssm

Worker Bee
Reaction score
Ooooooooooh where does she post the references? I wanna see!!! Do you have a link to one?
She post it in her instagram stories the day that the episode airs :( so i don't find them all, but i find the one for the feathers look:
  • . Lady Gaga (ARTPOP/GUY video)
  • 2. Kanye (Runaway video)
  • 3. St. Sebastian (depicted by Pierre et Gilles)
  • 4. The Ugly Duckling (color scheme)
  • 5. Philip Treacy (designer)
  • 6. Immodesty Blaize (Burlesque Queen)
  • 7. Jenni Hampshire (designer of sparklewren)
She mostly inspire in Vintage Thierry Mugler and Lady Gaga for her looks
034-thierry-mugler-theredlist.jpg f4e39fd2b11fe9201a179619020e0369.jpg Y&I-VIII-1.png fullsizeoutput_6b01-e1526659458133.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: SecretMelody17

habenula

Super Star
Reaction score
I totally agree! I started this thread with the intention of appreciating the art, not really the bodies. I will say, Raja actually did come close to what I would consider "skinny" in 2010 or so, but those days have passed. We can move it elsewhere in the forum if it's in the wrong category.

edit: I see I called them skinny upthread...yikes! My bad!

SecretMelody17

Super Star
Reaction score
To me it's more about the art and attitude rather than them being my literal body ideal. I do find that the femininity and beauty exuded by a great drag queen inspires me to look my best and take pride in my appearance, no matter how skinny they are or aren't. But especially someone like Aquaria, who pulls off her looks so well partly because she has this lean, lithe form. To me she's still thinspo even if she's not Vlada skinny. Her style and elegance inspires me to stay thin and polished.

• Agree
Reactions: hazyshadeofwinter

Dovebssm

Worker Bee
Reaction score
Remember that the biggest part of the drag comunity are men dressed as a hyperfemenine caracterization of a woman, when they end the show they return to the stereotypes that men have (muscular bodies,etc).
Also, many people prefer to have some bodyfat to shape it and have a "womanly" figure. I wouldn't care less if they are not SG skinny.
But anyways here is a pic of Naomi because of legs

charisma

Super Star
Reaction score
Remember that the biggest part of the drag comunity are men dressed as a hyperfemenine caracterization of a woman, when they end the show they return to the stereotypes that men have (muscular bodies,etc).
Also, many people prefer to have some bodyfat to shape it and have a "womanly" figure. I wouldn't care less if they are not SG skinny.
But anyways here is a pic of Naomi because of legs
Naomi has a great body! It’s hard to find pictures that shows it, but I’m currently watching RuPaul’s Drag Race All Stars season 4 on Netflix and I adore her.
Sorry for the bad quality pictures
AE00C687-5D4C-446F-B06B-F9903CF5D8C2.jpeg F5B9D496-72C3-4834-A1FD-75874136DB8F.jpeg 541D0388-97E6-42F5-B897-F0368EFDFEB3.jpeg 84A9C0FE-7EF9-4768-A463-9C2F4E4D011C.jpeg E1719072-78E1-4C69-8624-B59A2B0F52C3.png

Probably retouched a lot, but...95911CA0-1490-475B-B9B9-0A4705A22D1C.jpeg

On the left
24CE081B-BA40-463D-8049-F24ED80DE4B6.jpeg

Reactions: daintease