Drag queens!

habenula

Grand Dame
Mar 31, 2014
somewhere
Wasn't sure where to post this, so I chose the online section! A few (?) people have mentioned starting a drag queen thread, so I thought I'd take the plunge. There are so many beautiful (and skinny!) queens that I thought I'd pay homage to some of my favorites.

1) Love of my life, Hungry. She did the makeup for Björk's new album and has a beautiful aesthetic (she's also my current profile pic).

2) Raja

https://www.instagram.com/p/2WodYBvScU/?taken-by=sutanamrull

3) Aquaria
https://www.instagram.com/p/BYtSRs3jUlX/?taken-by=ageofaquaria
https://www.instagram.com/p/BUVvgStjdQc/?taken-by=ageofaquaria

& many more! Please add!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
I don't follow drag queens but certainly appreciate the art! It's a range, obviously, but like...curated flippancy, explosive hyper-femininity, celebrated misfit-ism...I dig it. This is an interesting topic and I'm eager to see more! :luvluv:
Also, Hungry is UNREAL.

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users
Aquaria from the current season of Drag Race is sooooooooooo inspiring to me!
She's the sexiest, most creative, and most fashion-forward contestant I've ever seen on the show.
She slays.
DbwGL6AX0AEaaqK.jpg

aquaria-2.png

tumblr_p86kqbzi891xo44xso1_640.jpg

anigif_sub-buzz-18439-1528566249-1.gif

Here are all of her looks from the season:
Dfsknh-X4AAc88N.jpg:large

Not worthy. :bow: :bow: :bow:
Gosh i love her, she is so talented:luvluv:
Also, when a episode airs she post the references of her clothing which are reaaaaally studied
If she doesn't win i quit watching rpdr for real

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
I have to admit that I don't follow this or much of reality TV that much - that being said I don't personally love this body type. I'd classify it as muscly/toned on the slim side as opposed to SG skinny or ideal. I understand that people transitioning may have a hard time coming from the muscle to truly skinny, but really none of the bodies in these pictures are even within 20 lbs of what I see as ideal. Just a personal opinion though, please feel free to disagree.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
I have to admit that I don't follow this or much of reality TV that much - that being said I don't personally love this body type. I'd classify it as muscly/toned on the slim side as opposed to SG skinny or ideal. I understand that people transitioning may have a hard time coming from the muscle to truly skinny, but really none of the bodies in these pictures are even within 20 lbs of what I see as ideal. Just a personal opinion though, please feel free to disagree.

I agree. Like I totally get it as art, but these people aren't skinny.

• Agree
I’ve yet to catch up on the current season, but I recall immensely enjoying the aesthetics of Violet and Sharon. :)

Violet Chachki

BEFE4943-2A7A-44B9-B412-B3CA02DF8FE3.jpeg

Sharon Needles

E951E44D-3580-48BC-859B-0D0250D3D5B2.jpeg

Ooooooooooh where does she post the references? I wanna see!!! Do you have a link to one?
She post it in her instagram stories the day that the episode airs :( so i don't find them all, but i find the one for the feathers look:
  • . Lady Gaga (ARTPOP/GUY video)
  • 2. Kanye (Runaway video)
  • 3. St. Sebastian (depicted by Pierre et Gilles)
  • 4. The Ugly Duckling (color scheme)
  • 5. Philip Treacy (designer)
  • 6. Immodesty Blaize (Burlesque Queen)
  • 7. Jenni Hampshire (designer of sparklewren)
She mostly inspire in Vintage Thierry Mugler and Lady Gaga for her looks
034-thierry-mugler-theredlist.jpg
f4e39fd2b11fe9201a179619020e0369.jpg
Y&I-VIII-1.png
fullsizeoutput_6b01-e1526659458133.jpeg

• Love
I totally agree! I started this thread with the intention of appreciating the art, not really the bodies. I will say, Raja actually did come close to what I would consider "skinny" in 2010 or so, but those days have passed. We can move it elsewhere in the forum if it's in the wrong category.

edit: I see I called them skinny upthread...yikes! My bad!

To me it's more about the art and attitude rather than them being my literal body ideal. I do find that the femininity and beauty exuded by a great drag queen inspires me to look my best and take pride in my appearance, no matter how skinny they are or aren't. But especially someone like Aquaria, who pulls off her looks so well partly because she has this lean, lithe form. To me she's still thinspo even if she's not Vlada skinny. Her style and elegance inspires me to stay thin and polished.

• Agree
Remember that the biggest part of the drag comunity are men dressed as a hyperfemenine caracterization of a woman, when they end the show they return to the stereotypes that men have (muscular bodies,etc).
Also, many people prefer to have some bodyfat to shape it and have a "womanly" figure. I wouldn't care less if they are not SG skinny.
But anyways here is a pic of Naomi because of legs

• Agree
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users
Remember that the biggest part of the drag comunity are men dressed as a hyperfemenine caracterization of a woman, when they end the show they return to the stereotypes that men have (muscular bodies,etc).
Also, many people prefer to have some bodyfat to shape it and have a "womanly" figure. I wouldn't care less if they are not SG skinny.
But anyways here is a pic of Naomi because of legs

Naomi has a great body! It’s hard to find pictures that shows it, but I’m currently watching RuPaul’s Drag Race All Stars season 4 on Netflix and I adore her.
Sorry for the bad quality pictures
AE00C687-5D4C-446F-B06B-F9903CF5D8C2.jpeg
F5B9D496-72C3-4834-A1FD-75874136DB8F.jpeg
541D0388-97E6-42F5-B897-F0368EFDFEB3.jpeg
84A9C0FE-7EF9-4768-A463-9C2F4E4D011C.jpeg
E1719072-78E1-4C69-8624-B59A2B0F52C3.png

Probably retouched a lot, but...
95911CA0-1490-475B-B9B9-0A4705A22D1C.jpeg

On the left
24CE081B-BA40-463D-8049-F24ED80DE4B6.jpeg

Wow ok yes Raja, Violet, Aquaria, and Naomi really are just some of the leading drag queens of fashion, but if we want to talk about skinny drag queens, I’m surprised no one has brought up Alaska? She’s probably the skinniest queen to ever walk Rupaul’s runway. Even now, between her fake body (she heavily pads to create a caricature of women) and her actual weight gain that comes from eating more and not working out, she’s just lucky enough to have a body that wants to be skinny!
A1D55A5D-52FA-410F-8B9D-06BF86AAEC13.gif
9BA941A4-639F-47ED-84FD-E94D6A895F0F.gif
C46F48E2-C91C-4C91-809A-D3EA788CAAB3.jpeg
7229F4F2-AC38-4477-842E-C99C09DD959F.jpeg
51E8FB52-8445-4FA4-9DE9-AF7C6E346C03.jpeg
89C656D1-EA22-4F17-A9ED-AA2E3F1315B6.jpeg

I found this Youtube channel with footage of Rupaul and other drag queens & club kids in the 80's- apart from being fascinating footage, there's some good thinspo in there as well:

• Love