• You can now apply for Skinny Gossip membership online. Click here to begin.
  • We are getting a lot more membership applications than we expected. Be patient while we work through the pile. DO NOT submit a second application!!

Biker Boots and Loafers?

classichic

Super Star
Another shoe question by me, sorry but I can't exactly ask my friends (they're not into fashion as much as you guys) so need opinions since I seem to be so hopeless at choosing nice chic shoes.

Opinions on loafers?

I think these are quite nice. Buy or pass?

Or is the one in blue better?

What do you think of biker boots? I had one but I accidently left mine on holiday. They were similar to these except without the zip.

Yes or no?

Also if you have outfit ideas for both these shoes then please share :).

délié

Rising Star
aw the bikerboots look insane:luv: may i aks where you can buy the ones as seen on the picture?
i fell in love with them last winter, but i could not afford them (gucci, 700Euro :whistling: ) :

as for the loafers, to be honest, i like them more the delicate, petite looking way;

i'm in love with them;

(both tod's)

useitorloseit

Rookie
hmm I think Australia missed the majority of the loafer trend although I'm sensing biker boots will be huge this winter.
I am a diehard fan. I think I first saw the boots photographed on streetstyle/behindthescenes shots of models. I recently purchased the Jeffrey Campbell Deanne 3 boot and have not regretted the purchase at all :luv::luv:

Silent Night

Grand Dame
I tend to think loafers are a bit boring. They'd have to be made of something very unusual to really grab me I think - I saw a great pair made of (fake) alligator skin recently but I don't tend to like plain leather ones.

I love the biker boots if you have nice thin legs. Otherwise they make you look like... a biker :grin:. I like them with thick black tights and a floaty dress under a leather jacket.

C

Coquette

The biker boots are lovely. :) If you choose between those two pairs of loafers, I'd suggest the blue ones.

Katrine

Worker Bee
I like the black loafers and the biker boots. But it depends a lot on your style and body type. Some people can pull biker boots of perfectly (Freja Beha :luv:), but some people just look too.. masculine?

SatelliteEyes

Worker Bee
Hahah I love them both in the original post. Loafers with cigarette-leg dress trousers cut just above the ankle = :luv:

But this website is starting to make me feel like I have questionable taste in fashion (Mullet skirts, creepers, and undercuts anyone? In one gloriously unattractive outfit?!) so maybe don't take my opinion as gospel ;)

V

*Vivi*

Hahah I love them both in the original post. Loafers with cigarette-leg dress trousers cut just above the ankle = :luv:

But this website is starting to make me feel like I have questionable taste in fashion (Mullet skirts, creepers, and undercuts anyone? In one gloriously unattractive outfit?!) so maybe don't take my opinion as gospel ;)
haha same here....weird shoes,weird cuts-I love them all!
@classichic : I'd say yes and yes!Esp. the loafers.I like the black ones better.I feel like they'd look great with 60ies inspired outfits (like SatellliteEyes said,pants cut above the ankle,or rolled up....):luv:

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Skinnymodella

I love both the loafers and the biker boots. I think they are both staples in a wardrobe and both can be dressed up or down. I like biker boots with dresses or shorts to make an outfit a little bit edgier. As posted above, the loafers can be awesome with ciggarette pants. :grin:

Silent Night

Grand Dame

I kind of feel like once you're doing one of these it's actually best to do them all at once? Like, at least you'll look like you really mean it :lol:

As Gertrude Stein is to grammar, so you are to style.

Xsmall

Super Star
I love both but if I had to choose I would choose the biker boots!

asuka

Rookie
Biker boots!!!

I like the loafers but don't have many style to pull them off. But black biker boot --> LOTS of options.

;)

classichic

Super Star
@visna, you can them from ASOS. But I've also seen similar ones at Kurt Geiger which might be of better quality.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Selanis

I love Frye biker/combat boots. They are outstanding quality and can take ridicolous amounts of abuse.

Anna

Worker Bee
I think the loafers would look good with a sort of clean-cut outfit (I see some people wear them... and not pull them off... sometimes). I like the biker boots :grin: skinny gurls pull them off best ;) (no really, fat girls look disproportional)

ScorpioScorpio

Rising Star
I love both loafers and biker boots! I have a pair of leopard calf hair loafers that I adore. They add a little kick to all the neutral colors I like to wear. I don't have any biker boots yet, but the ones in your original photo are very nice.