Biker Boots and Loafers?

classichic

Super Star
Jan 27, 2012
Somewhere
Another shoe question by me, sorry but I can't exactly ask my friends (they're not into fashion as much as you guys) so need opinions since I seem to be so hopeless at choosing nice chic shoes.

Opinions on loafers?
2408800309.jpg

I think these are quite nice. Buy or pass?

Or is the one in blue better?
2408880309.jpg

What do you think of biker boots? I had one but I accidently left mine on holiday. They were similar to these except without the zip.
image1xxl.jpg

Yes or no?

Also if you have outfit ideas for both these shoes then please share :).

aw the bikerboots look insane:luv: may i aks where you can buy the ones as seen on the picture?
i fell in love with them last winter, but i could not afford them (gucci, 700Euro :whistling: ) :

img-thing%3F.out%3Djpg%26size%3Dl%26tid%3D32270620

as for the loafers, to be honest, i like them more the delicate, petite looking way;

P00037006-HEAVEN-LOAFER-STANDARD.jpg

i'm in love with them;
P00039051-DRESSY-NUBUCK-LOAFERS-STANDARD.jpg

(both tod's)

hmm I think Australia missed the majority of the loafer trend although I'm sensing biker boots will be huge this winter.
I am a diehard fan. I think I first saw the boots photographed on streetstyle/behindthescenes shots of models. I recently purchased the Jeffrey Campbell Deanne 3 boot and have not regretted the purchase at all :luv::luv:

I tend to think loafers are a bit boring. They'd have to be made of something very unusual to really grab me I think - I saw a great pair made of (fake) alligator skin recently but I don't tend to like plain leather ones.

I love the biker boots if you have nice thin legs. Otherwise they make you look like... a biker :grin:. I like them with thick black tights and a floaty dress under a leather jacket.

The biker boots are lovely. :) If you choose between those two pairs of loafers, I'd suggest the blue ones.

I like the black loafers and the biker boots. But it depends a lot on your style and body type. Some people can pull biker boots of perfectly (Freja Beha :luv:), but some people just look too.. masculine?

Hahah I love them both in the original post. Loafers with cigarette-leg dress trousers cut just above the ankle = :luv:

But this website is starting to make me feel like I have questionable taste in fashion (Mullet skirts, creepers, and undercuts anyone? In one gloriously unattractive outfit?!) so maybe don't take my opinion as gospel ;)

Hahah I love them both in the original post. Loafers with cigarette-leg dress trousers cut just above the ankle = :luv:

But this website is starting to make me feel like I have questionable taste in fashion (Mullet skirts, creepers, and undercuts anyone? In one gloriously unattractive outfit?!) so maybe don't take my opinion as gospel ;)
haha same here....weird shoes,weird cuts-I love them all!
@classichic : I'd say yes and yes!Esp. the loafers.I like the black ones better.I feel like they'd look great with 60ies inspired outfits (like SatellliteEyes said,pants cut above the ankle,or rolled up....):luv:
model-hailey-clauson-for-zara-2.jpg
Hailey-Clauson-Zara-FW2011-DESIGNSCENE-net-01.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I love both the loafers and the biker boots. I think they are both staples in a wardrobe and both can be dressed up or down. I like biker boots with dresses or shorts to make an outfit a little bit edgier. As posted above, the loafers can be awesome with ciggarette pants. :grin:

I kind of feel like once you're doing one of these it's actually best to do them all at once? Like, at least you'll look like you really mean it :lol:

As Gertrude Stein is to grammar, so you are to style.

@visna, you can them from ASOS. But I've also seen similar ones at Kurt Geiger which might be of better quality.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love Frye biker/combat boots. They are outstanding quality and can take ridicolous amounts of abuse.

i actually love both trends and wear them very often! i love the menswear inspiration with the loafers and the edgy look of biker boots

I think the loafers would look good with a sort of clean-cut outfit (I see some people wear them... and not pull them off... sometimes). I like the biker boots :grin: skinny gurls pull them off best ;) (no really, fat girls look disproportional)

I love both loafers and biker boots! I have a pair of leopard calf hair loafers that I adore. They add a little kick to all the neutral colors I like to wear. I don't have any biker boots yet, but the ones in your original photo are very nice.