Big Fat Denial

AliceTaf

Rookie
http://bigfatdenial.tumblr.com/

Found this randomly on tumblr and thought it was really amusing, I love seing 'fatblrs' and fat pride blogs called out on their bullshit. (I hope this isn't a repeat thread, I couldn't see anything about it)
I spent a while browsing and reading through all the comments made against fatblrs claiming that 'exercise and diet don't work!!1!111!!!' and had a good laugh at them:lol::lol::lol:

Ellie

SkinnyGossip Royal
http://bigfatdenial.tumblr.com/

Found this randomly on tumblr and thought it was really amusing, I love seing 'fatblrs' and fat pride blogs called out on their bullshit. (I hope this isn't a repeat thread, I couldn't see anything about it)
I spent a while browsing and reading through all the comments made against fatblrs claiming that 'exercise and diet don't work!!1!111!!!' and had a good laugh at them:lol::lol::lol:

This is so necessary. Unfortunately they'll file this under "fat opreshun" and remain in denial. Still, props to this person for fighting the good fight.

Thanks for sharing!

I kind of really like the website! It's more than just fat shaming but has a "be healthy, eat healthy foods" vibe. I thought it was going to be a site sharing pictures of fat people who think they're hot, but there's more of a scientific aspect to it.

Eternal Summer

Super Star
I kind of really like the website! It's more than just fat shaming but has a "be healthy, eat healthy foods" vibe. I thought it was going to be a site sharing pictures of fat people who think they're hot, but there's more of a scientific aspect to it.
I agree, there's a lot of weight-related information "for beginners".
Thank you, @AliceTaf!

FrançoiseEllyn

Grand Dame
I'm starting to campaign getting rid of the internet en masse (I'm certainly guilty since I'm on here, but it's a dream). There's only more hatred and wars coming from it.

ThinLove

Banned
Banned
I'm starting to campaign getting rid of the internet en masse (I'm certainly guilty since I'm on here, but it's a dream). There's only more hatred and wars coming from it.
How would we all manage to Keep Up With the Kardashians without the Daily Fail?! :eyeroll:

The blog though is refreshing. It's reassuring to see that there are still sane individuals on the Internet outside of SG (or maybe they're a member here? :sneaky:) who don't just reblog fitspo/healthspo images, but are addressing the issue directly and sensibly. We need more blogs like this!

Reactions: 1 user

espressoenthusiast

SkinnyGossip Royal
I always get really annoyed and disheartened when i see logical blogs, that discredit FA and HAES (along with other ridiculous topics) happen to be really really anti-feminist and "notallmen" like, because it's pretty fucking undeniable that sexism against men doesn't make any logical sense, given that the power-structures in our societies exist. Just makes me sad that so many anti-fat blogs are so anti-feminism in general....