Big Fat Denial

AliceTaf

Rookie
Jun 5, 2015
West Sussex
http://bigfatdenial.tumblr.com/

Found this randomly on tumblr and thought it was really amusing, I love seing 'fatblrs' and fat pride blogs called out on their bullshit. (I hope this isn't a repeat thread, I couldn't see anything about it)
I spent a while browsing and reading through all the comments made against fatblrs claiming that 'exercise and diet don't work!!1!111!!!' and had a good laugh at them:lol::lol::lol:

http://bigfatdenial.tumblr.com/

Found this randomly on tumblr and thought it was really amusing, I love seing 'fatblrs' and fat pride blogs called out on their bullshit. (I hope this isn't a repeat thread, I couldn't see anything about it)
I spent a while browsing and reading through all the comments made against fatblrs claiming that 'exercise and diet don't work!!1!111!!!' and had a good laugh at them:lol::lol::lol:

This is so necessary. Unfortunately they'll file this under "fat opreshun" and remain in denial. Still, props to this person for fighting the good fight.

Thanks for sharing!

I kind of really like the website! It's more than just fat shaming but has a "be healthy, eat healthy foods" vibe. I thought it was going to be a site sharing pictures of fat people who think they're hot, but there's more of a scientific aspect to it.

I kind of really like the website! It's more than just fat shaming but has a "be healthy, eat healthy foods" vibe. I thought it was going to be a site sharing pictures of fat people who think they're hot, but there's more of a scientific aspect to it.
I agree, there's a lot of weight-related information "for beginners".
Thank you, @AliceTaf!

I'm starting to campaign getting rid of the internet en masse (I'm certainly guilty since I'm on here, but it's a dream). There's only more hatred and wars coming from it.

I'm starting to campaign getting rid of the internet en masse (I'm certainly guilty since I'm on here, but it's a dream). There's only more hatred and wars coming from it.
How would we all manage to Keep Up With the Kardashians without the Daily Fail?! :eyeroll:

The blog though is refreshing. It's reassuring to see that there are still sane individuals on the Internet outside of SG (or maybe they're a member here? :sneaky:) who don't just reblog fitspo/healthspo images, but are addressing the issue directly and sensibly. We need more blogs like this!

Reactions: 1 user
I always get really annoyed and disheartened when i see logical blogs, that discredit FA and HAES (along with other ridiculous topics) happen to be really really anti-feminist and "notallmen" like, because it's pretty fucking undeniable that sexism against men doesn't make any logical sense, given that the power-structures in our societies exist. Just makes me sad that so many anti-fat blogs are so anti-feminism in general....