• You can now apply for Skinny Gossip membership online. Click here to begin.
  • We are getting a lot more membership applications than we expected. Be patient while we work through the pile. DO NOT submit a second application!!

Beautiful but deadly: Latinos' curves put them at risk

Clara

Worker Bee
Reaction score
"This is the problem within the Hispanic community," Dieppa wrote on the blog. "We love our curves, but the line between beautiful and deadly curves is blurred."

:nopity:

Alyse

Rookie
Reaction score
I'm latina and have felt the pressure to be "curvy" all of my life. But I never saw any benefits of being fat. I have known too many women that end up with health problems because of their curves.

Natalie

Super Star
Reaction score
Honestly, I hate the use of the words "curves". Bitch, if you're bigger than a US size 6, you're not curvy, you're fucking fat. Get over it and put down the doughnut.

Golden ice

Super Star
Reaction score
Honestly, I hate the use of the words "curves". Bitch, if you're bigger than a US size 6, you're not curvy, you're fucking fat. Get over it and put down the doughnut.
Yeah - calling them curves and justifying unhealthy eating habits by that is the reason so many fucking people are dying! You are obese, not curvy! A muffintop isn't a curve.

Natalie

Super Star
Reaction score
Yeah - calling them curves and justifying unhealthy eating habits by that is the reason so many fucking people are dying! You are obese, not curvy! A muffintop isn't a curve.
Oh, it's a curve alright. Much in the way fat women can be called 'shapely'. A sphere is a shape, right? Right? :rolleyes: