Beautiful but deadly: Latinos' curves put them at risk

"This is the problem within the Hispanic community," Dieppa wrote on the blog. "We love our curves, but the line between beautiful and deadly curves is blurred."

:nopity:

I'm latina and have felt the pressure to be "curvy" all of my life. But I never saw any benefits of being fat. I have known too many women that end up with health problems because of their curves.

Honestly, I hate the use of the words "curves". Bitch, if you're bigger than a US size 6, you're not curvy, you're fucking fat. Get over it and put down the doughnut.

Honestly, I hate the use of the words "curves". Bitch, if you're bigger than a US size 6, you're not curvy, you're fucking fat. Get over it and put down the doughnut.

Yeah - calling them curves and justifying unhealthy eating habits by that is the reason so many fucking people are dying! You are obese, not curvy! A muffintop isn't a curve.

Yeah - calling them curves and justifying unhealthy eating habits by that is the reason so many fucking people are dying! You are obese, not curvy! A muffintop isn't a curve.

Oh, it's a curve alright. Much in the way fat women can be called 'shapely'. A sphere is a shape, right? Right? :rolleyes: