Ask a model anything

A sight that might be very familiar to our models on here: waiting at castings.

tumblr_m612dtfLgl1rsxdooo1_500.jpg

;)

even just looking at that picture makes me stressed. hahaha

well i can speak objectively and she totally is ;)
haha aww thanks. as are you :kiss:
this looks like living in heaven
it's actually hell
even just looking at that picture makes me stressed. hahaha
I WAS THINKING THE SAME THING :lol:
:lol: Word of the day: Hot photographer = hotographer.
"I bet @Anonymous Bullcock is a serious hotographer."
:lol::lol::lol::lol:
If you weren't models, would you still work hard to be skinny?
Of course - not as strict though because my job wouldn't depend on it :p

Last edited by a moderator:
tumblr_m59mwmjPF61r3zat8.gif

:lol: lol jk.

Beauty can be interpreted many different ways. I see beauty in everyone. Sometimes it's harder to see in some than others, but we all have an element of beauty. I wish everyone saw themselves as beautiful, perhaps there would be less hate in the world. I'm also a huge believer that beauty comes from the inside - out. When you are kind to others and the universe (may that be positive thinking to even recycling) you emanate passion and love, and that's what makes you beautiful. There are many 'beautiful looking people' but not enough true 'beautiful people.'
So yes, I do think I am beautiful, but in my own way. :flower:
Sorry if this isn't the answer you were looking for it's very cheesy. :oops:

Aww I absolutely love your idea of beauty.. So so true. If only everyone felt that way!! The world would be a much better place :kiss:
I believe this makes you beautiful-- No matter what you look like.

At what age are you considered too old to start modelling? (Someone who is completely new and has no experience)? I saw a girl on a modelling program stating that she as a 19-year old was a little old starting (well she had a little experience) so it got me thinking..

Sorry if this question is controversial, but I'm so curious to hear what models would have to say to it. :eek:

Do you feel that designers influence women and body image negatively by having such thin women on the runways?

Are you ever worried about tearing a couture gown when you're either posing at a photoshoot or walking on the runway?

Are you ever worried about tearing a couture gown when you're either posing at a photoshoot or walking on the runway?

One model I worked with at a photoshoot stained 2 ivory Valentino gowns and a pale pink Dior dress with her menstrual blood because she was too embarrassed to admit her period started. :( I felt a little sorry for her because she was really young, but our fashion stylist went batshit insane. I hope the model wasn't too traumatized, and I hope she invested in super heavy duty tampons since then.

At what age are you considered too old to start modelling?
Never too old I suppose :rolleyes:
I think it's best to start around 15.

Do you feel that designers influence women and body image negatively by having such thin women on the runways?
No

No

Q: Would you say drugs are used often (for weight issues)?
I'd say it's more often among the older models to keep their figures IMO

One model I worked with at a photoshoot stained 2 ivory Valentino gowns and a pale pink Dior dress with her menstrual blood because she was too embarrassed to admit her period started. :( I felt a little sorry for her because she was really young, but our fashion stylist went batshit insane. I hope the model wasn't too traumatized, and I hope she invested in super heavy duty tampons since then.

I'd have had my tubes tied that afternoon :run:

Reactions: 1 users

Oh my god I would die.

Reactions: 1 user
I'd have had my tubes tied that afternoon :run:

Having your tubes tied doesn't stop periods.

Did no one ever tell her about the invention of the tampon? :confused:

Yeah you'd need to have a complete hysterectomy to stop your period. Or invest in a Mirena IUD which stops or reduces your period to light spotting for 1 day.

The model in question was very young, about 16 or 17 and couldn't speak much English - I think she was Latvian or Lithuanian. But I'd assume tampons were available there as well.

Oh my god I would die.

After the shoot our stylist called the agency to complain about her - I don't know if such things would damage a model's career?

After the shoot our stylist called the agency to complain about her - I don't know if such things would damage a model's career?

That's actually really mean :(
The model obviously now knows that she needs to be using something along the lines of a tampon, so that doesn't happen again. She must have not known and it's already embarrassing enough. It really depends how important the stylist is in the fashion industry, but her agency probably sat her down telling her that she needs to use tampons so it doesn't ruin the clothing. It's not like she purposely did it. She is young. Aw I just want to give her a big hug.

Reactions: 1 user